CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Lost 30 pounds in about 6 month. Make my own sandwiches, cook chicken beef and pork for dinners with fresh veggies. Cut portion by 1/3 approximately (that's 2 pieces of chicken instead of 3). Walk, no soda, plenty of water splurge now and then.

CMBreen and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Oh yes, the elusive forklift monkey. A close relative to the yard dog monkey... They're mating patterns can be quite similar and humorous.

subseaguru and hollywood76 Thank this.
  4. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Finally did it! Finally got a full visit to the Iowa 80. And I'm over it. Definitely worth a visit, but if I never stopped again I wouldn't miss it. The all you can eat breakfast buffet though. OMG. It's a dangerous thing. I ate enough cheesy potatoes and bacon for a couple of grown men. I'll be attempting to unclog my arteries for the rest of this year.

mitrucker, hollywood76 and RoadRooster Thank this.
  5. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Haha yes it is a nice truck stop. I was fortunate to stop at the white travel center in Virginia today. Shut down in tomorrow Brooks. Start rolling at 1am. Gonna try to slide through the DC bypass at 2 or 3 am and beat all that traffic. Then straight up 95 to Baltimore. Got pre-planned to pick up in pa next. Delivers in Denver

paul_4lp, hollywood76 and RoadRooster Thank this.
  6. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Nice preplan there! We've been on short runs since Friday, highlighted to Joplin so they are keeping us in the area. Should be in jopmo late tonight. Dropping a load in liberty, mo tether picking up a load in spring hills, ks. Headed to jopmo!

Great timing since wife's birthday is tomorrow, we can actually find something to do. Kinda hoping it takes a few days to fix the truck. Wouldn't mind chilling a few days in the la Quinta

7. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    You gotta pay 60/night for the la quinta. It's the other hotel that the shop putes you in. La Quinta is more for the require to give a better first impression I think. Or because they offer a good breakfast. Probably both. And you don't have to go back on the board as soon as your truck is fixed. Just let your fleet manager know you're gonna take advantage of being injopmoi and take a few nights. Mine has been very understanding on that.

8. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    That's exactly why lol

And I know, we always pay to get the la Quinta, econolodge is fine. But um.. No lol I've heard stories of The econo lodge, and if to find out if they're true.

9. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Meh each cheap hotel has their issues. I'm sure it's just as safe as la Quinta. But the beds and pillows won't be as good

10. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Yeah your right about that, but I think I'll just stick with what I like and trust lol

hollywood76 and RoadRooster Thank this.
  11. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Kannapolis, NC Pilot. Stop 5 in the morning. Preplan for relay from NC to Atlanta.
    Tons of wood braces and nails on this load. Mr safety Rooster leave one door closed when climbing into a trailer... easier to grab onto. Door wasn't latched, door opens, Rooster does a tumble and roll off the DOT bumper...look around to see if I landed in any doodie...look some more to see if anyone saw. No witness, no doodie, it never happened. Deny, deny, deny.

Judges gave me extra style points for not landing in the garbage can I had brought over for the trailer trash.

Time to go home...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.