CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Hm 12.6 at rest huh? Idk I saw it hit 12.4 one day and that's when I couldn't get the truck to crank and needed a jump. I see if drop from 13.4 to 12.6 12.7 so fast that it scares the #### out of me. Are you saying I shouldn't have to worry about shutting off my inverter and fridge etc?

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Do you know how much is required for the t680's to.turn over?

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  4. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Not a clue on cranking. Lead acid batteries are 6 cells in series, each cell has a normal voltage of 2.1v. so 2.1 x 6 = 12.6
    I don't know how it works on these trucks, but in a car you can have enough voltage in a the battery, and still not be able to start the car if the battery terminals are dirty. The corrosion on the terminals in the battery cable clamps prevents the needed current from flowing. That's why when the weather turns cold and wet and your car wont start, the first thing you do is clean the terminals before blaming the battery, alternator or starter motor.
    On your truck it could be bad batteries, or corroded clamps, a bad ground or something in the wiring or the load shedding. Could just be that you're a bad person and god is punishing you.
    Try jumping into a pond. If you sink it's bad batteries and if you float you're a witch.

paul_4lp, hollywood76 and RoadRooster Thank this.
  5. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Pilot in Haines City Florida, empty and home in the morning.

I've been out 5 weeks and set a world record this trip...no pickups or deliveries in the state of Texas! Only did one quick pass through the panhandle.

Go figure...

paul_4lp, hollywood76 and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  6. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Parked in fort Myers. There was a "Woodie Wagon" parked in my space on the back row. Could have parked next to him.

Chose a really old Century instead. Figured the century would be less likely to bang my doors or smash my mirror with tail swing.

paul_4lp and hollywood76 Thank this.
  7. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Do you just leave you truck at any old truck stop for home time? I'm paranoid as hell to do that.

8. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Don't leave anything valuable...

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  9. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    We leave ours at the flying j here, manager doesn't mind as long as we don't take the best spots. We back up against the giant poles so that if someone were to pop our lock they wouldn't be able to open the doors. Not like we have anything in the trailer anyway but criminals aren't too bright.

We grab out all our valuables, god, tv, etc. No issues yet.
    CFI don't mind so long as you did everything your supposed. (Make sure truck is where you say it is, lock everything up, take the revelco, etc.)

paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  10. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    I find it hilarious that when you say gps it corrects to God. My old iPhone used to do that lol. Hm I'd take all my good stuff but not sure about my TV. Seeing as I have it hooked up to the wall mount in the truck. That's a hassle lol... I need to try and get permission to park at the new Orlando lot.. I asked almost two months ago when we first got it and said that the 15 or so spots are already reserved for drivers on a certain list. And that they're the only ones allowed to park there... And this just doesn't make sense to me. Like these drivers arnt there every night year round. It should be a first come first serve basis. I mean I live in Orlando for God sakes -_- I also have a fridge that I don't plan on taking out every time either. Lol that thing is heavy af

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  11. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Well I leave the fridge and tv. Both are easily replaced lol

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.