CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Oh well dang. Haha was worth a shot

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Alright so i Know the intro stuff may be different from when some of you guys started, but does anyone know if CFI does a second Physical separate from the dot physical when you get hired on? I plan on asking a recruiter, right now the wife and i are gathering more questions before we give them a shout. We got a nice long list lol but i was just curious if anyone could answer this

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  4. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    You will get a physical before you go to Crowder, and then you'll get another physical when you come to Joplin for orientation.

I seem to remember getting a drug test when I got to Crowder and I also had a random while I was there, and then another drug test when I got to Joplin.

I'm pretty sure the only one I paid for was the one with the physical before I went to Crowder

Cerberus XVI Thanks this.
  5. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Don't suppose you remember what was part of the physical that CFI gives you?

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  6. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Adios California, adios Otay Mesa, adios Calexico... Hola Arizona!!!

Flying J in Yuma for the night... I'll be able to find something to eat around here

7. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Standard stuff, pulse, blood pressure, cheering, eyes, hernia, they are pretty much the same everywhere.

I forgot that add sugar testing

8. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Ok cool, idk why but I am really sweating the dot physical and cfi physical mostly cuz you read about how ppl get sent home for the smallest things. Been planning on this for like 4 months now and don't wanna get sent home because I can't pass a physical

9. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    The physicals are standard they use standard forms and they're pretty much the same everywhere. The company May throw of sleep study at you if you're BMI is too high that's body mass index.

They will pay for the study give you transportation and so forth. Frankly, if you have sleep apnea you wants to do the study because you'll sleep better and you'll be a better driver.

I was in Joplin one time to pick up a student. They informed me that my student had to go to the sleep study place to get his results and gave me the keys to a company van. I went and pick the guy up and and brought him over to the Sleep Clinic. He came out with a clean bill of health he didn't need to get a CPAP machine or anything.

10. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    If you fail the test at home you go see your doctor to get taken care of whatever you need to in order to pass the tests at home, the physical that is.

Stop worrying about it you'll do fine.

11. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Wait so if you fail their test and you need a sleep study they help pay for it? What if u need a CPAP? They help with that too?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.