CH Robinson laying off staff

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by blairandgretchen, Nov 11, 2022.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Im guessing passing on more responsibilities to the driver or IC. Like how Amazon, Schneider JB Hunt are doing.

Also why pull a load with their own truck that costs minimum 2.50 pm mile when they can have the $1 a mile guys do it for cheaper.

cke and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

You’re probably on to something.

I remember the broker telling me they were starting to require all drivers that hauled their freight, to have a CHR app on their phone.

He knew I wasn’t fond of that foolishness, but said before long he would have to ask me to download it.

I haven’t spoke with him for quite a few months, I need to call or text and say hi I guess, he was actually a good guy and tried to help all he could. Not always that a guy repeatedly gets you a round trip rate on a one way haul….

cke Thanks this.
  4. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    @blairandgretchen I for the first time in a long time spoke with the broker at CHR I dealt with pulling the steel from the local plant.

During our conversation I ask if they got many loads from the plant now that they are off strike.

He told me that those in charge at the plant said they were giving most of the loads to the guys who kept moving the loads by driving through the picket line. He had called me about hauling during the strike, told him I couldn’t, that would be like driving across the line and pissing on these guys feet.

He is dealing with a job moving pipe between Maryland & Virginia now. So I guess he is still employed as of now.

Stay safe out there my friend….

cke, Siinman and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.