Charged with falsification on gun application!?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, May 17, 2020.

1. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    If you were charged and convicted of an offense punishable by more than 364 days in jail and you served out two years probation as your sentence - you're a convicted felon in the eyes of the feds.

Potential for more than 364 days in jail = felony.

You received a life sentence for letting that girl drink.

roshea Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

This is the question on the 4473,
    There is no gray area, "COULD you have been imprisoned for more than a year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation" seems to state the situation pretty clearly.

Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation? (See Instructions for Question 11.c.)

CousinVinny Thanks this.
  4. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Pennsylvania considers Misdemeanors over one year potential sentence the same as a felony.

Often not communicated at conviction.

Past two years they have been taking great pains to prosecute these cases
    PAFOA.org and search for 'gun lawyer' and you will find a ton of examples and a few reports on guys being helped.

5. CousinVinny

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    Falsifying information on the application is a federal offense, PA laws don't matter here.

Just wait until the feds go after everyone that purchased a firearm while also possessing a state-issued medical marijuana card. I've met so many recreational shooters with an MMJ card who don't understand the law and think they answer the question about controlled substances truthfully.

magoo68, wis bang and asphaltcowboy4x4 Thank this.
  6. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    Well I hired a lawyer he said it could have been a ####ing felony but only misdeamnor 3 he said should be able at prelim to just get a fine and get only with my life other wise we going downtown to trial they can’t possibly prove I tried to lie to law enforcement which I didn’t I didn’t understand the #### question I’m a trucker not a lawyer criminal professional

7. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    And if we go to trial and all that I’m only paying 5000 bucks total not a bad deal and the lawyer has 5 star ratings everywhere worked these cases before I still think it’s ######## I can vote but can’t own a gun and still have to pay taxes what an America we live in founding fathers rolling in their graves where is trump! Change this ######## I thought only serious offenders and felons couldn’t own a gun a girl I didn’t know grabbed a drink behind my back like whatever now I can’t own a. Gun ####ing kidding me #### Pennsylvania can’t wait to move

dunchues Thanks this.
  8. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    And like that girls mother you could tell was a total ##### she ran away from home because she abused her and treated her like #### her mom made her file these charges I ran into girls sister and she was all sorry for me and told me this I was like well it’s done now proabablt for the best I lost my wife who cheated so ina. Way good thing

9. CousinVinny

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    I know more about this stuff than I wish I did. There is an insane amount of people who were handed felony convictions for trivial offenses not knowing or understanding the gravity of the situation. It's a life sentence that denies an individual of their natural born rights and liberties that our constitution is supposed to protect. Do everything you possibly can to clear your name and avoid additional suffering.

asphaltcowboy4x4 Thanks this.
  10. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    hell vinny if I lose my job can I get into waste management with you after all they think I’m a felon

CousinVinny Thanks this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s my understanding.

If the crime CARRIES a sentence of more than a year, you’re prohibited. It doesn’t matter what sentence you actually received.

Sirscrapntruckalot and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.