Cheap freight rates, what are you doing?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Toks 123, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Because telling people not to work because of a flu at the same time printing "money" and handing it out to everybody surely had nothing to do with kick starting inflation lol.

77fib77, Hatt91, exhausted379 and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Gotcha! And the OP is the one to teach me? I'm all ears. Been needing me some edumacatin anyhow.

4. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    And now we get to see on the news where all these x spurts tell us there's probably gonna be an economic downturn.

Well no s*** Sherlock

Dino soar, Czar_Zero and exhausted379 Thank this.
  5. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    I believe most of that is manipulated for the gain of the ones at the top. Alot of these stores still have shortages of some products. Food production has not slowed down and it did the last time. I know because i was involved in it.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  6. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    We're a capitalist society, so the free market is the rule of the day. Where you talk about being cheated, is called supply and demand. That is the foundation of a free market. You decide who to do business with. If you and a potential customer cannot agree to a mutual rate of payment, then move on to the next. When rates were at a all time high a year ago, did you actually think that there would not be a down turn? The success or failure of your business and personal life should be a priority for you and you alone. So price your services accordingly.

You're a business owner not an employee - so a union does not, nor should it apply to you ( think AB 5 in Cali). Join your state trucking association, or NASTC or OOIDA.

7. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    So you're accusing major companies of commuting fraud and lying to their investors.
    Ok.

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    It's also against Federal law for individual O/Os (think individual separate businesses) to unite (Unionize) for the purpose of setting rates. When companies do this the Feds call it price fixing.
    State trucking associations and OOIDA are not, nor have they ever purported to be unions. They are professional organizations.

Czar_Zero and ProfessionalNoticer Thank this.
  9. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Whoever is complaining about cheap rates, you need to learn to say no. If I have to drive extra miles to get more dollar per mile, thats fine. I just hauled a load to northern side of Florida for $4 per mile and now I will do 300 empty miles to get a $3 per mile load. When nobody wanted to work, companies raised their wages. And if majority starts to say no to cheap freight, brokers will have to raise their rates.
    This is a simple supply and demand balance. You have the power to increase the rates. All you need to do is DO NOT PANIC and do not grab the #### paying load.

10. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Have any of the politicians got insider info on stocks???
    Hint; they have the same answer.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  11. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    As always, hilarious, but spot on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.