Chicago 4

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by jon69, Oct 12, 2020.

1. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Be careful if coming through Chicago area. Weather is supposed to be iffy today with storms developing.
    Also later this week some big changes coming with lows in the upper to mid 30s.

Last year if you remember there was snow in early November with lows around 10 degrees F for a few nights.

Also be careful going through the Joliet area- thats an accident prone area doesnt matter if going east or west.

The derecho that happened recently came out of nowhere and conditions are right for something similar to happen. Check the weather radar I would say every time you stop. Things can change drastically in an hour.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    I forgot to add monitor all sources such as police scanner (available online), CB radio, CB radio police channel and like I said above monitor the weather radar- either NOAA or MyRadar.

You will need a CB (obviously) maybe a tablet and laptop plus your smartphone and you should have access to all the above.

Some of you may laugh and think its going overboard but you sure dont want to get caught in another derecho as many did a short 2 months ago.

4. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Yeah the lake affect is an eye opener there. I would start my day nearby look at the weather radar and see nothing. 40 mins in the drive it’s snowing hard out the blue but everyone is still driving 60+.

5. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Today there is a small system heading straight for Chicago. Right now 519AM CST located in central Iowa.
    Hard to know how this will turn out but is worth keeping an eye on. Always good to be vigilant.

Later this week Wed into Thurs will bring colder/cooler temps and if you ask me that will kick off the winter driving season here in northern Illinois. Lows will be in the 30s and highs in the 50s.

Dont be surprised if in early Nov we get snow and 10 degress- like happened last year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.