Chicago Companies

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by slim2none, Jan 3, 2019.

1. slim2none

slim2none Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Good afternoon folks,I been noticing on Craigslist lately a lot of job offers in the Chicago area paying anywhere from .60-.75 cpm,plane ticket to their 1 Day orientation and for some places guaranteed pay of 2k or more a week. What’s this all about??

Veteran driver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Just a guess, mind you, but I would imagine that they are looking for help.

5. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Slim, I’ve been seeing it too. All the companies seem to come from the Chicagoland area. 90% of them are from the Eastern European region, Slavs, Baltic Estonians, Bulgarians, Latvians Ukrainians, and Lithuanians most use white Volvo’s and offer very high rates at 1099. I’ve heard lots of horror stories about these companies. From a cultural perspective there can be somewhat of a disconnect. As Americans we are used to doing things the way we’ve always done them — some say the Europeans have a culture within the trucking company that is different than ours and that it transcends into how they do business. How that translates into a bad Trucking company remains to seen. They can’t all be bad. I think by and large though, trucking is trucking. The basic rudimentary and fundamental dynamic of trucking must be universal. The delivery of goods from one point to another. I’d really be interested in hearing from some drivers who are working for theses outfits.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    For that rate they probably pay on 1099.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. slim2none

slim2none Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Off course

Tb0n3 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    No probably about it. They pay a 1099, break any other laws they don't like like pushing the driver to break HOS, run poor maintenance, and when all that fails they fire the driver and don't pay the last few paychecks.

Plenty of proof from the bad company forum for this.

u4icwargasm, kuzima93, alvidas and 7 others Thank this.
  9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Based on all the negative publicity they get here on TTR, I’d advise you perform a very good due diligence before deciding to sign up with one of them.

But, I advise that before signing on with any company, anywhere.

10. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Now out of that 2k pay heck, withdraw insurance, 0 retirement savings plan , higher taxes cause "officially" you will be independent contracor, and probably ZIP to ZiP milage pay.
    And they will abuse that PC status on logs, like crazy, but will blame your ### when you will be put OOS in weight station. Been there done it for 6 month myself, no thx, yep money might be better in a begging, but in an end of a year, IRS will eat you alive

11. Komissar

Komissar Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2018
    These companies have literally turned the truck stops into refugee camps......maybe it's time for the government to nationalize the trucking industry.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.