Chicago Truck Stop - AF Truck Center

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by txtodd, Jul 20, 2017.

1. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Don't give them a debit card...they'll double charge you & refuse to give your money back! af truck bbb rating.JPG

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    ? Did you not dispute the charge with your bank?

4. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Yes, but it's a small, local bank, and I would have to cancel my debit card, go to the bank & sign a form, and wait on another debit card to be mailed to me. I drive OTR, and it's not worth the trouble for the $20.

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    You're chancing that they might still have your number. I wouldn't take anything to chance.

txtodd Thanks this.
  6. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    I just used mine there last week to pay for parking, checked my bank statesments and no issue. Perhaps it was a mistake on the cashiers part, didn't think the card went through or something and ran it again? Doesn't excuse them for not wanting to make it right though..

7. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
    I don't know whether their intention was to double charge me or not, but the end result is the same. I say they're scamming because they refuse to refund it and they MUST have their own documentation that I was charged twice. Not to mention I sent them my own proof showing 2 charges for $20 each on the same date. They should know I'm not the one trying to scam them, for if that was the case, I would deny ever being there & ask for the full $40 back!

8. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Been there many times, used my debit card there many times, never had an issue. Looks like a mistake, the only thing off here is that they didn't want to make it right.

Chilcoot and txtodd Thank this.
  9. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
    That's right. I've used my debit card there before also, but to refuse to refund the money - even hang up on me multiple times - when you have proof of the error isn't a mistake. It's FRAUD! And I'll do my best to warn everyone I can.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.