China Backing Military Coup?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Hoofbeats, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    China probably wants to be first in line to modernize the countrys infrastructure. They will win all the contracts for those projects because of their policy of non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries. "We just want to do business with you, and your people should decide for themselves which bathroom to use; we won't give input on that."

mhyn, mjd4277 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  3. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    It'll be interesting to see what happens if they don't win any of the contracts. China is after Zimbabwe's minerals. They have the second largest Platinum reserves in the world. They also have a lot of diamonds. China sent military weapons to Zimbabwe right before the 2008 elections. They were very violent. I guess Mugabe didn't deliver.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I hate to think all those Princes who managed to work themselves into so many Chinese who just won the lotto and need to send some money to get it.

It would be easier to occupy Afghanistan and take it's Minerals. Affter NATO is evicted from there.

5. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    This has less to do with Mugabe than it does with his choice of successor. People were willing to wait until a man in his early 90's passed on to take power... But they weren't ok with him giving over power after his death to his 50 something year old wife.

I forget his name but there's some former head of internal security who got pushed out in the last round of purges who is probably about to get the nod. Near as I can tell he's as big of a, if not a bigger ####### than Mugabe.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    China already has mining rights to the copper in Afghanistan and didn't fire a shot or drop even one bomb. It's strictly a business deal and China doesn't care about meddling in Afghanistans internal affairs.
    "Despite being one of the poorest nations in the world, Afghanistan may be sitting on one of the richest troves of minerals in the world, valued at nearly $1 trillion, according to U.S. scientists."
    "In 2008, China signed a 30-year contract with the Afghan government to access the world's second largest untapped copper deposit at Mes Aynak, which happens to lie underneath the ruins of an ancient Buddhist city."

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Mark my words those rare earth metals are the oil of the future. People are going to die over them. People already have.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I operate very small electric computer controlled motors in one of my hobbies and those motors have been built with the rare earth parts not available when I was a child operating regular amature installed motors with huge amounts of power etc for the output... one of my modern engines are able to carry a realistic string of model freight cars up grade with the rare earth motor inside of it without slipping a wheel. Even able to restart it too against the gravity and drag. The older engines are wonderful but they are the Model T so to speak.... needs a push.

I dont want war, I have survived the Cold War and the darkness that we lived in then. My family is seeped in war. Even my Nephews have gone to war and they are not yet 25. If this keeps up, their babies will go to war in ten years or so. Two generations after me...

Where does this end?

I tell you this much, we have been at war since 9-11 and when the second plane hit that tower, I told the spouse.. well we are at war again, and this would last a thousand years idealogically trying to resettle 7th century grievances...

boredsocial Thanks this.
  9. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    As bad as I feel for the families of the victims of 9/11 we've overreacted kind of a lot. And now there are thousands of new gold star parents.

If anyone ever wonders why I seem so anti military politically, it's because I think politicians with a hammer walk around looking for nails. And I think war is inherently evil. Yeah it's possible to have a just war, but they are pretty rare.

That doesn't even get into the costs monetarily. We could have rebuilt the nations infrastructure completely... Twice. We could have given every teacher in the country a 25k raise from today until they retired. We could have bought 3T dollars worth of American products and dumped them in the ocean to create jobs. All would have been better for the actual American people.

aussiejosh Thanks this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Grace Mugabe isn’t exactly an angel herself as she’s notorious for her lavish spending sprees,all while the country is dealing with hyperinflation that topped 300%! It’s like watching Haiti all over again dealing with dictatorships. Robert Mugabe knows he’s running out of time so he’s doing whatever he can so his family stays in power(like most dictators who won’t give up the reins quietly).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.