Chinese Copies Of Popular Cars Around The World

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mhyn, Feb 13, 2020.

1. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    upload_2020-2-14_14-25-32.jpeg
    I saw a Kaiser today in Las Vegas. Guy was driving it on the interstate.
    Kaiser Motors
    Corporation
    [​IMG]
    Kaiser Motors Corporation made automobiles at Willow Run, Michigan, United States, from 1945 to 1953. In 1953, Kaiser merged with Willys-Overland to form Willys Motors Incorporated, moving its production operations to the Willys plant at Toledo, Ohio. The company changed its name to Kaiser Jeep Corporation in 1963.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've seen some of those cars in China. Saw several of the Mini-Cooper's and they look really good.
    The Landwind X7 knockoff of the Range Rover Evoque is a beautiful car and seeing it up close, looks better than the Range Rover inside and out and only cost $20K.
    There's a Rolls-Royce dealership in Beijing and when I saw them on the road, wasn't sure if they were fake or not.

mhyn and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Wow, not only does almost every copy look better than the original, the prices are what vehicles SHOULD cost.

6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Cherry motors just announced, beginning Production next year. Not bad looking cars either. Every part on a 57 Chevy, 69 Camaro, and probably many more can be bought from China. Gee, I wonder where they learned to build cars? Oh yeah from Detroit, the City that taught the world how to work. And play hockey!! Lol

mhyn Thanks this.
  7. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I remember reading about 15 years ago of kit cars you can get from Mexico that where original RR or MB or even a Bentley and all you had to do was provide a car chassis. Everything was original parts from the manufacturers minus the drivetrain and chassis, and the prices where enticing because for about 40k you could have gotten a real bentley just on a town car chassis.

The pictures provided of the knock offs in real life was identical to the original only way to know it was a knock off was to open a hood and you would have seen the ford under there.

As far as China knocking anything off well that’s life they just give a whole new meaning to the old saying “poor mans (insert what ever you want )”

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Fisker, electric vehicle, is going to give it another try; hope they succeed this time.
    [​IMG]

mhyn Thanks this.
  9. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    The service guy at Ford dealership told me once that, Land Rover used to put Ford engines in their cars.

10. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
  11. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I have seen Fisker Karma in Santa Anita, CA. Sexy oriental lady was driving it. That car was beautiful ...

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.