Christmas at Werner

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by crabby125s girl, Nov 30, 2009.

1. crabby125s girl

crabby125s girl Heavy Load Member

May 11, 2009
    I can only imagine the reponses I'm gonna get due to the title alone LOL.

I'm speaking on behalf of my bf. Christmas is coming and he's requested time off. I know it could be a long shot because he did just get thanksgiving off but we're hoping for it anyway.

My bf and his teammate are new to Werner and this is their first Christmas riding with them. My bf's teammate heard that you get a bonus or prize of some sort for not taking the whole week of Christmas off. I was just wondering the details to this.

Not to insult, but my bf's teammate has less experience than even my bf, who's only got done with his training period this October. And my bf's teammate usually spouts all this information, who knows where he gets it from, but it's usually incomplete or flat out wrong.

So when the bf's teammate mentioned something about getting a monetary bonus or some sort of prize for not taking the whole week of Christmas off we were curious yet wary considering the source.

Has anyone heard anything about Werner rewarding drivers who don't take the whole week of Christmas off?

And I also have to add, the bashing of Wener isn't really needed here. I've read the threads, I know the rumors but truth be told, 3 months with them and things have been pretty smooth. Not perfect, but what is? I only really want responses regarding details about handling Christmas hometime while driving for Werner.

jeepkid7998 and Texas-Nana Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    Hi i too seen the forums ,the good, the bad and the ugly, i just treat the forums , the the way the truckdrivers treat there cb radios, speaking only in half truth and lots a manure too pass around, so i belive only half what said here, i too been with several companys over the years, your company not gonna treat you any other differnt, then from the driver, you are what you are, not the companys,so they ,the truckdriver ,female or male , have a bad day , so what, dont take out as a bad company, we all have good days and bad days, even if were not truck drivers would you bash a company store , if that were you worked at too ,saying all company stores are bad too,well this just my humble opion , Everett :biggrin_2556:

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I have an idea! Call Warner and ASK THEM! Get it from the horses mouth!

luvtheroad and onelikeseabass Thank this.
  5. BigDan28

BigDan28 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    I bet you would get more truth from the other end of the horse.

6. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    I was there for 6 months and never heard of that.Maybe I guest I was never told.:biggrin_2556:

7. Dreaman

Dreaman Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Iowa
    The little extra they pay for staying out is not worth it. Take the home time.

8. crabby125s girl

crabby125s girl Heavy Load Member

May 11, 2009
    well the bf did put in the 23rd to the 27th but the bf teammate said that they would get a 'reward' for not taking the whole 20th to 26th. So we were wondering if that was true and if so what exactly the reward was.
    And hey Rollover, since you got all the ideas how bout you call em and inform us? Or do you just like to throw stuff out there with no follow up.

9. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Crabby I think he was trying to make a helpful suggestion.

luvmyhubby and future driver Thank this.
  10. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    Remember to be POLITE folks there is no reason to be RUDE to other posters

jeepskate99 and Baack Thank this.
  11. future driver

future driver Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2009
    a weeks pay maybe

i think it's a good idea to call tha horse..

you'll get to many different answers(maybe way off base) , when yu just ask who knows & save some trouble...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.