Citizens Against Legal and Moral Abuse, Inc.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JRC, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fnlou88

fnlou88 Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA
    ...didn't mean to imply that us "pre-net" folks were immune to having our past exposed. I simply meant that it is way easier for companies to check you out hard these days. Obviously, Celedon used an internet database to discover your husband's long ago mistake. Otherwise, they would have had to a)find out where he had lived 35 years ago, b)hire someone to go to the courthouses in all of the areas he ever lived 35 years ago and then c)meticulously hand-copy the information from the court documents.

That's the way "old dirt" was uncovered back in the day. Today it is simply point, click, pay, and print. Sux but it's true. Best wishes and good luck to your driver husband and you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    LostSoulCA, thank you for responding. I also agree that honesty is always the best policy, but I also know that mistakes can happen. My husband put it in the back of his mind, and never wanted to think about it again. It has never been an issue with any company until now. Recruiters or anyone else that is into investigating the backgrounds of people would definitely remember there own background because they deal with it all the time. My husband hasn't had to think about it for all those years and to have it used against him for something that happened 35 years ago, wow, that is really outrageous! I am also an advocate as you probably already read, for "Citizens Againt Legal and Moral Abuse" and I think it's atrocious for Celadon to think they are so self-righteous that they want to use something like that against a driver that happened 35 years ago.

Thank you, fnlou88. It's pretty bad that the Internet us used to discredit and hurt other people like that, especially something that happened 35 years ago. You are right, if it happened before the Internet, my husband would have been hired and there would have never been an issue at all. The crime would have still been committed, but nothing would have been said of it. Other companies never had a problem with my husband's background even thogh they have had the Internet to look all that up. It's just Celadon! They are mean vicious, unforgiving and use what they can to destroy a driver's career if they get ticked off for any reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  4. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    Doubledragon, it's really too bad that Celadon brought that up. Now that my husband remembers it, he will let companies know about it if it's asked on the application. I just think it's rotten for Celadon to use it against him in two ways, they wouldn't hire him and the other is threatening to put it on his DAC. We are just thankful to God that he didn't get on with Celadon after all. Not only for what they did to us, but also for what I have been reading about Celadon. It sounds like they are not at all the kind of company they like to pretend to be. They used that 35 year event against my husband, but yet, as I have read about what other drivers think about Celadon, it sounds like they are a rip off company.

If you or any other drivers out there have any suggestions on implementing a program to prevent this type of abuse such as what to do about DAC and the companies that want to ruin a driver's career using DAC, our organization would love to hear about it.

5. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    "Chief, there is no contradiction."

um, yeh there is. first you say he stole something, then you say he would never steal anything. you say you're glad that they didn't hire him, but you seem extremely upset that they didn't hire him because they found out about his criminal record.

"I said we are thankful to God that he did not get hired on with a company that would use something 35 years ago against a driver. I guess you must not be a driver because you are really critical and think that something that long ago should be held against him."

if you're not upset with his not being hired by celadon, then what's the problem? I never said it should be held against him. but I'm not the owner of a company who would be entrusting him with thousands of dollars worth of equipment and freight.

That's ludicrous! He took responsibility when he abided by the judges orders and never repeated the crime.

took responsibility in what way? sorry, but he can't take back what he did.

"What are you, a recruiter or a dispatcher?"

neither one. I have 3 accident free years of tractor trailer driving experience. I've never been arrested or charged with any sort of crime.

I think it's well known that the DAC report is a biased system used by the monster mega companies to blackball "trouble makers" so they don't get hired by another monster mega company. that's why a lot of smaller, more reputable companies don't use it. but there is usually a question on the app to the effect of "have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor/felony.....have you been charged with a misdemeanor/felony?" if he checked "no," then he has lied to the potential employer.

you keep saying that celadon has put something on his DAC. do you know this for a fact? have you actually seen his DAC? my suggestion to you and your husband to be to direct your time and energy into looking for another company to work for and not waste your time being bitter at celadon for not wanting to hire a thief. there are surely companies that will not give much weight to a 35 year old conviction if he's an otherwise good worker.

6. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    Chief, you are reading way more into things than what is really there. Let me spell this out for you: I said my husband made a mistake and stole something 35 years ago. We have been together for over 30 years, been married almost 30 years. Since I have been with my husband he has been a decent person, a great supporter in more ways than one, and has never and will never steal anything. Did I finally make that clear with you?

Now, to spell more out for you, Chief: Since Celadon has brought up the past of 35 years ago, we thank our lucky stars and Christ for my husband not getting hired on with a company that is that unforgiving. Is that clear with you!

7. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    It is funny that while you rail about Celedon being judgmental you have no problem accusing anyone that disagrees with you as not being a driver or or working for Celedon. Chief is correct in asking if you even know if Celedon put anything on the DAC. This will all look really silly if you got this worked up over nothing.

8. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    Celadon is a company that thinks they do no wrong and everyone else has to pay the price. Well, drivers that get on with them had better be perfect or they will get fired and Celadon will try to end their career by putting things on their DAC. Is that clear with you also, Chief? The problem I have in a very big way, is that companies have no right to try to destroy a driver's career and if you disagree with that, then you must be a recruiter from Celadon.

My husband has been in charge of millions of high dollar loads and has taken care of the loads as if they were his own. He is careful what truck stop he parks at and when we go in to eat, he has stopped in the middle of eating to check on the load. A load is in the best hands when my husband is behind the wheel. I am angry, not only at Celadon, but at all companies that want to use the Dac to end a driver's career. Mo and Chief must be recruiters. Am I right about that?

Mo, I have a problem with Chief accusing me of contradicting myself. He must not be a very good reader, indeed. I just don't know how I can make myself any dlearer.

I meant, I just don't know how I can make myself any clearer. There I corrected the misspelling. Whether that will help Chief to understand, I just don't know.

9. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    People change? Maybe but are you leaving a tool thief alone in your garage? You letting the child molester babysit your kids? You not going to question the former addicts wild story about where he was? Don't hold me to it but wasn't it Reagan that said "Trust but verify"?

10. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Priceless!!

11. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    Verify something that happened 35 years ago that never happened again. What is the matter with your thinking? Boy, you are not for the drivers, by any means. You think drivers should suffer at the hands of corrupt people that want to destroy their careers. That's pretty bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.