City bus driver wanting fuel hauling

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Transit_lifer, Jan 25, 2021.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Truth!

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    As far as KAG goes, not all areas are operated the same, try to catch one or two of the drivers at a station and talk to them. I know how some people talk about them, and maybe their experience is bad, but I'm pretty happy with them here in NW PA, and they were the only fuel haulers willing to give me a chance. Not everyone is made happy by the same things, heck some guys like fat women! If nothing else, consider them a training facility. Get a year or two experience and start putting in apps for other companies. By then you'll have a chance to talk to other drivers and decide if you want to make a move, and where to move to, or even if fuel hauling is for you, it's not for everyone.
    I can tell you you will share a truck with another driver, you get 12hrs, he gets 12hrs, at least that's how it's designed. If you get partnered with a jerk that tries to get 14 every day, leaving you with 10, or brings the truck back with repairs needed and leaves them for you to take care of, well that sucks. We now have forward facing cameras, I believe it's only a matter of time before they activate the inward facing ones, many companies already have that.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.