City horn and washer pump turning on and off

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by tico trucking, Dec 3, 2018.

1. tico trucking

tico trucking Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I have a Freightliner Cascadia evolution 2016 Isx , yesterday city horn and washer pump started turning on and off while driving and also while parked without key in. I ended up disconnecting both, does anyone know about this issue?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Driver I had a International a few years back that did that, drivers were teasing me at the truck stop saying hey its not raining, etc...anyways I pulled the fuse...but it turned out when I drI've it to the Dealer shop the next morning...they found the problem in like 15 minutes...it was the load shedding relay...it's like a 4 inch square relay...it was melted like a cheeseburger inside, they put new one on and problem gone

4. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I picked up a 2018 cascadia a few months back and before I could get off the yard the wipers started running while selected off, the horn stopped working and it seems something went crazy with the turn signals. Turns out there is some sort of module in center of the steering wheel that they have found was incorrectly installed at the factory that had failed. Apparently the part needs to be installed with the steering wheel straight which the factory did not do and the failure had been seen in multiple new trucks. Sounds somewhat similar to your issue. I can’t remember the part name but “spring” something seems to ring a bell. I think it’s actually in the steering column, I know he had to remove the steering wheel and a large one -time use nut.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  5. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    "Clock spring" is the correct part name.

mhyn Thanks this.
  6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    water is going into sam cab. remove glove box cover. check to see white plastic cover that goes on sam cab is in place. Also there are wires going to right side of sam cab(right bottom side). these wires must be lowered. usually water comes by these(from roof marker lights) wires and goes into sam cab. I have fixed many cascadias with same exact issue.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  7. tallmon

tallmon Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Did you figure out the issue? Was it the clock spring? I'm having the same issue!

8. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    OP made only 2 posts at the end of 2018. Don't hold your breath on an answer.

9. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    If it is exact same issue, then clock spring is likely fix. Very common issue.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.