Class A non cdl to Class A cdl PA.

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Badkarma68, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Badkarma68

Badkarma68 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2019
    Long story short... I had a class A cdl years ago. Pa dot down graded it to a class A non cdl. Looking to get my A cdl. I have a one ton dually and a 25gn 35+5 trailer. I went and got my permit. I have to wait 15 days before I can take the skills test. Because of my class a non cdl, do I need a class A cdl driver with me to take the test? Because my non cdl class a cover what I will be taking the test in? Also does anybody know if there is a length restriction for taking the skills test in PA?
    This Has been one screwed up journey to get to this point. For every step I take forward I end up taking 3 back.
    Thanks for any help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rowekmr

rowekmr Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    That’s a good question. I would think no because a non CDL A would cover that equipment but that’s just my guess.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You hold a CDL A Permit.

That means you need Daddy warbucks to hold a Full CDLA and drive you to the test ground with the tractor trailer. (Manual, airbrakes etc)

Once you pass and upgrade to full blooded CDL A etc then there is nothing that says you cannot drive that truck home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.