Classic Carriers, Inc - Versailles, OH

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by trucker56, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Next load Ohio to Ohio 186mi 100MT pays 650 to driver. Then im looking on the board for a weekend load.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    I got a load off the boards going 153mi i DH 130. Load pays 1100 gross or 770.00 to truck at 70%. 2.72mi. For Monday delivery.

4. punisher1682

punisher1682 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2017
    So ive been debating writing on here and finally decided to do it. I am a current o/0 here at classic carriers. Been an o/0 for a little over a year now. 1st ill start by saying i dont care what job you do or where you work you will never be happy 100 percent of the time. With that being said, id say im happy here about 95 percent. I love it here i make #### good money. Are their a few issues here and there? Yes. Show me one company that doesn't have any. But when you bring an issue up here they do their best to resolve it. It may not be that day or that week but normally always gets resolved. At classic im not just some driver number here. Im known by my name. Everyone from the shop to office personal gets to know you. Your income here is Limited by your own actions and only your actions. You wanna run hard they will run you hard.wanna be lazy?wanna always show up late to appts then your not going to work out here. You get what you put in here. I have always got home when i needed home. Do i see myself leaving here? Nope. Im. Not going anywhere. So in closing if you wanna make money, not afraid to drive and bust your ### you can make serious money here. If your a lazy driver that likes to just sit in truck stops and do nothing this isnt the job for you. So if you came to read this for a non sugar coated real life reply of what classic carriers is about here it is.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. ohiotruckerdude

ohiotruckerdude Bobtail Member

May 11, 2017
    This Classic Carriers you are refering to is located in ME, that is a different company then the one listed in this board. The Classic Carriers listed in this forum is located in Versailles, Ohio. Also this "story" you are refering to happened back in 1995, with the lawsuit in 1998, so a little bit of old news regardless i would think. 'DATELINE' ORDERED TO PAY DAMAGES TO TRUCKING FIRM

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Reason for edit: Additional information about post
    Rugerfan and p608 Thank this.
  6. Matt201712

Matt201712 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Michigan
    I work for Classic Carriers out of Ohio and they're not so bad.

uplander Thanks this.
  7. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    I work for Classic too. Came over with the B&L bunch. After being here for a little over 6 months now (all of this on the company driver side) is they do have alot of short haul lanes. Weekends usually are not really worth being out in my opinion. I mean they will run you on the weekends I'm sure but I usually just get 600, 700, 800 mile loads to last all weekend. But even with all that, it doesn't impact me enough to change jobs. Only thing I want is a better truck at this point.

8. punisher1682

punisher1682 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2017

Better truck. Hell you guys came in with sweet kenworths. Cant get any better than a kwhopper.

5speed Thanks this.
  9. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    These KWs were beat to heck or at least mine was before I got it. My truck was the spare before I got hired on, and made it my permanent truck. I talked to Tim and he said he would let me know the empty trucks and I could look and move into something else. My truck is like a rental car/taxi cab. It's been used and abused by just about everybody. Alot of stuff on the inside broken, like that when I got it. Bumper busted. It's alot of stuff.

10. Twenty-One

Twenty-One Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Anybody got an update?
    I'm looking into Classic Carriers, and am reading reviews but not seeing much negative on them. Is there a negative? I really want to know what there insurance is like, the recruiter claims its Classics own private insurance. What's the deal with that?
    Do they take care of there equipment and keep it clean?
    Truck/Trailer washes on the regular? When a driver quits do they actually clean the truck before putting another driver in it?
    Is the laundry at the yard actually free?

5speed Thanks this.
  11. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Note* I dont work there anymore. After 1000 miles in 4 days and no detention I split.

First. Insurance for me, and my 3 kids was $100 a week. Did not pay worth a flip. Had a $400 bill. It paid $8.

They do take care of their equipment. I never had a breakdown and the shop guys were easy to talk to.

Truck/trailer wash, twice a month, reefer washouts whenever needed, no problem.

They don't have a detail shop, so when a driver quits, and you get that truck....you clean it up.

Dont know about the laundry

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.