clear tickets on PSP?

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by tdelon, Oct 18, 2020.

1. tdelon

tdelon Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2020
    I have a couple of tickets from about a year ago that were dismissed by the court without court costs. I started the RDR at DataQs to clear my PSP last week after finding out that they were still there. Does anyone have any idea how long this takes?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You have to go and tell them to remove them. Go to the DataQ website and submit a request. One of the options is something close to "my ticket was dismissed in court". You;ll have to upload a copy of the court document dismissing it, but it's fairly straight forward.

https://dataqs.fmcsa.dot.gov/Default.aspx

4. tdelon

tdelon Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2020
    That is correct. I just wondered if anyone had done it and how long the process took from start to finish. If it takes a few weeks I'm great. If it takes a couple of months I'm going to have to look for a job that will accept my clean MVR and not worry about the two tickets still on my PSP.

5. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Once uploaded the documents are forwarded to the supervisor of the issuing trooper to be discussed with the officer. doesn't take more than a couple of days usually BUT the info won't be removed until the next PSP system update the following month.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I think it took three weeks when I did it

7. tdelon

tdelon Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2020
    I'd be happy with three weeks, thanks to both of you. I'll post how long it took for me when I get the results just for the benefit of future searchers.

8. User666

User666 Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    I tried this once with NY State. I was written a ticket for not having a HYHUT sticker/account but I was hauling military HHG and was exempt. I sent the BOL to the court and they dismissed the charge. Later, when I tried to have it removed from my PSP the officer refused. I had to get the Feds involved to forced that department to remove the false data. It took a couple of months before it was finally removed.

TheLoadOut, nikmirbre and tdelon Thank this.
  9. tdelon

tdelon Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2020
    My initial request was submitted on 10/9 and it took emails after tracking down the correct department of the IL DOT to get this sorted out. OTOH, the dept head was very helpful and I received a call from the person who actually responds to these request to let me know it's sorted out. 10/27 makes it 11 business days but I think it took intervention to make it happen. BUT, it's not done yet. The upload should take place on 10/30 to the SMS system and the next update to the PSP report should be on 11/9. Things are updated once a month for those of you that don't know. The state's analyst told me not to be surprised it didn't make into this month update because sometimes it's delayed a little.

User666 and ZVar Thank this.
  10. User666

User666 Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    Thanks for updating. Too many of these posts never give an outcome.

tdelon Thanks this.
  11. bigbyrc

bigbyrc Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Gotta keep calling them, a company is behind the psp scam, but truck companies use them, IT IS NOT LAW OR FEDERAL, STATE!!!
    IT IS A PRIVATE CORP...
    BS!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.