Cluch linkage

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Tdlima, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Tdlima

Tdlima Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Hi all, I have a 2011 international pro star. The cluch goes to the floor and I can’t put it in gear, it grides. I noticed the ball joint on the clutch linkage has some play. It is not a hydraulic clutch it is linkage. I went under the truck in greased The clutch.
    seems to be moving freely. I can push the clutch down and goes to the floor and it stays. I have to lift the clutch up with my foot back to its position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Sounds like a bad clutch. If you feel around the in the bottom of flywheel housing and find scrap metal it is definent. JMO

spsauerland Thanks this.
  4. Working2party

Working2party Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    If you can see the clutch linkages, and they are all connected, worn or not and your pedal goes to the floor with no effort. Your throw out bearing on you clutch has come apart (usually from lack of grease). Time for a clutch.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Had same problem start with good new linkage ends then adj clutch properly. Clutch is probably fine maybe need a clutch brake you can get a 2 pc kit easy to do.Fix that linkage before it breaks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.