Clusterf*** On I-81 In PA

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Jul 11, 2020.

1. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    I was on Rt. 80 about this time only further north; must have been the same section of storm.
    I had wipers on max. and couldn't go over 50 without outrunning the wipers.
    Real hard rain.
    In an hour the sun was out?

Bud A. and Cat sdp Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    I run this route a lot. I-81 near Harrisburg is bumper to bumper going 60+. South of Harrisburg is a 55 zone that state troopers visit on and off. Moment anyone spots the trooper they slam their friggin brakes. Pisses me off cause I actually follow the speed limit and now I gotta slam the brakes because nitwit wanted to go 70 in the 55 and is now at 30.

disoba, Bud A., mjd4277 and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Mile 87 is close to the split with 78. So you’ve got two major truck routes that merge to only two lanes.

PennDOT really needs to come up with a “fast detour” plan of action. They had that notorious winter storm a few years where traffic just poured into an accident scene and it took 3 days to get vehicles out again.

They can spend money telling me there’s no parking available at a rest area 40 miles away but they can’t get people to get off the highway before they reach a location where there’s no alternative routes?

Bud A., mjd4277 and rolls canardly Thank this.
  5. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Dud I81, and 76 its mountains road.
    Its not dead ### flat Texas where you can build on a cheap 6 different detour routes .
    Another option is pretty much make 1 more route straight through mountains, and thats never gonna happen

PS. Actually there is a detour route decent US 29 Hwy , its 4 way , with not that many traffic light.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

There are alternate routes.

It’s my home territory, I’m not gonna list them all but there are plenty of ways to divert.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.