Clutch adjustment road ranger 10 speed.

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by lwlevens, Mar 20, 2018.

1. lwlevens

lwlevens Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Hey guys me again.How would you adjust a clutch on a road ranger 10 speed.Clutch grabs to high for me. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Adjust internal clutch adjuster to 1/2" gap between throughout bearing and clutch brake.This adjustment must be done with the clutch depressed and is clockwise adjust to close the gap.Fork to bearing gap should be at 1/8". Adjust the linkage to achieve this gap only after internal is set.

AModelCat and spsauerland Thank this.
  4. lwlevens

Feb 9, 2018
    What do I turn clockwise to adjust to close the gap? Also what do you mean fork to bearing gap? I"m assuming your talking about the clutch fork.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  5. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017
    Bar or bump the engine over until the adjuster is in view of the inspection hole. 5/8" hex adjuster. Push in and rotate to adjust. Make sure the adjuster pops back out when final adjustment is reached. Yes the 1/8" gap is clutch fork to throughout bearing gap. If you want the engagement point closer to the floor make your 1/2" gap a smidge tighter. Won't hurt a thing, as the clutch wears your gap will increase.

6. lwlevens

Feb 9, 2018
    To get the clutch to grab closer to the floor go 1/2" or or a little less gap from clutch to fork, right? What was the 1/8" gap for? Clutch being depressed the whole time while doing this? Thanks.

7. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017
    No. Make the 1/2 " gap slightly smaller if you want engagement closer to the floor. Clutch deressed while adjusting the adjuster internal. The cluch must be released to turn the the adjuster only. Let up pedal and recheck both gaps.

8. lwlevens

Feb 9, 2018
    Sorry I must be stupid.1/2" gap from where and what do you mean by rechecking BOTH gaps. Sorry.

9. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    @Goodysnap stated were to check gap in his first post. Rechecking means to check after making adjustments and actuating clutch.

Goodysnap Thanks this.
  10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Lots of youtube videos out there:

Goodysnap Thanks this.
  11. lwlevens

Feb 9, 2018
    Ok finally got it . Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.