Coastie Going O/O at last

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by coastie, Jan 10, 2009.

1. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Well since I came back out driving it was with a goal at hand, Going O/O After a year of struggles and hard work and along with sacrifice I got what I need to get my own truck. So today I asked to be sent home, to empty my Company Truck, and I will return as an O/O.

This last week I did get under the weather, so I will recoup while I do the leg work in getting the truck, and expect to be out running in about 2 weeks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    Good luck. Just remember - whatever you plan will cost twice as much and take twice as long as you planned! But IMO it's better to follow the old carpenter's rule, so to speak - measure twice, cut once. In other words, better to be prepared than to try to do it on the fly.

coastie Thanks this.
  4. benthere

benthere Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    The shomee
    Congradulations good luck.

coastie Thanks this.
  5. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Details!

I see from another thread you're with USA. What did you get? What's your note, ins, misc payments etc. Please keep us wannabees posted with some figures as you go please!

Thanks. Congrats btw, and good luck... there's nothing in any of these threads that suggest you should be doing this lol.

coastie Thanks this.
  6. coastie

Neither, Freightshaker.

Oh I been planning and re planning 5 times more.

Yes I am with USA and will Lease onto them. They are not the highest paying, but done me good so far. they are only a stepping stone.
    I am getting my INS through OOIDA, and getting a great deal. Heck I could not get Car INS as cheap as I am getting it for a Truck.

7. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    git-er-dun coastie!! are you leasing one of their trucks or from a used truck dealer?

8. coastie

HAHAH No way, I am not a fan of the 9400i they offering. Plus I learn on here do not lease a truck from the one who gets you the freight. For what they are offering the truck for I will be paying for payment and ins combine. So I save $$$$. Plus they are just a stepping stone, and if I lease one of theirs, unless I finish the lease I would loose in the end. I will be getting one from a dealer, which I have already talked to an know I can get a truck from, now just got to get there to pick one out.

The last few days I been sick, and found it I could not pass a T/S or a rest area with out being forced by mother nature in stopping so While I work on getting the truck, I will recoupperate my health, and rebuild my fluid levels since I am now way dehydrated.

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  9. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Good luck Coastie, and yes pls. keep us posted/updated...:biggrin_25525:

10. harbin

harbin Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2008
    bear, de
    [​IMG]

good luck though. honestly, its hard out here, but most of us will never turn back.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.