Cobra 29 with blue tooth

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by RLIGHT276, Jul 8, 2009.

1. RLIGHT276

RLIGHT276 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Altoona Pa
    I recently picked one of these up at a truck stop downright cheap off of one of them there drivers who looks like he's been up for three days smoking crack,It is a cobra 29 WX NW BT w/NOAA was wondering how good they work,never used one before I know this one works I tried it before I bought it like I said,got it cheap paid $50.00 for it, I fiqured it was a steal,came with the box mic,even the recepit.And another question do I have to use the mic that came with it or can I change it to my RK 56 and still be blue tooth compatible.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. RLIGHT276

Jul 10, 2008
    Altoona Pa
    anybody know about these things.

3. Darkschneidr

Darkschneidr Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    They did exactly what I wanted with this model. lol. Bummer since I have the old Classic one. The mic is a 6 pin and isn't compatible with 4 pin Road Kings, but you can get an adapter of some sort from a CB shop for it probably.

RLIGHT276 Thanks this.
  4. dmag

dmag Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2009
    charlotte,nc
    The microphone that came with the cobrahas a blue button on it that works the telephone. So you would have to use that microphone. I have heard a driver over the radio talking on his cobra and it sounded real clear.

5. Sixx Burning Sky

Sixx Burning Sky Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2008
    What you paid for the Cobra 29 was a nice deal for ya, I have seen them alot higher in price. Throw a nice tune on it you will have a great radio for years..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  6. RLIGHT276

Jul 10, 2008
    Altoona Pa
    Thanks sixx burning I have a nice galaxy all dressed up and tuned that is my go to radio there is a picture of it in pictures of your cb thread check it out,I got this cobra just to have a back up unit.

7. crazzy448

crazzy448 Light Load Member

May 3, 2009
    panhandle wva
    Good deal on the buy cant go wrong with a 29.

8. fat albert

fat albert Light Load Member

Where did he buy it from I have been waiting for that radio to come out but have not been able to find it anywhere?

9. RLIGHT276

Jul 10, 2008
    Altoona Pa
    Just about any truck stop has them,I bought mine off a driver needing money,but even check e bay I have seen them on there also.

10. 20Louie06

20Louie06 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I have the bluetooth. You can change out the mic but you have to get another one for the bluetooth feature. It'll connect to a jack behind the cb.

• Draft saved Draft deleted