COFFEE required?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Oldironfan, Feb 25, 2018.

Coffee to motivate or not?

1. Coffee

72.6%
  2. Soda

4.7%
  3. Water, juice

8.5%
  4. Energy drink

9.4%
  5. Tea

4.7%
  1. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    slim shady Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Bacon.

I love you.

That is all.

4. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I really liked those Starbucks double shot energy drinks (cans). They've helped; me out on a few occasions.

5. homeskillet

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Hot, black, coffee.

Yes, I know I'm addicted to caffeine.

No, I don't care.

Yes, I know they say coffee is bad for you. Just wait awhile and the medical researchers will flip-flop on this issue.

Addiction or not, I also drink it because I LOVE the taste of it. It also brings me a great deal of comfort.

Yes, I can spare you a cup.....

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I enjoy my coffee in the morning and maybe in the afternoon. I make sure that my drivers have a coffee maker that they can use, a few opted for the electric kettle instead but hey, I'm not going to judge.

I have a fresh latte in front of me, made old country way. Milk boiled, not frothed with three ounces of espresso. My doc screams about the caffeine and my BP, but I am under enough stress that my BP doesn't go down when I go to the doc's office anyway.

My wife is on a strict diet, two cups a day - period.

But she has a problem, due to her closed head injury.

She is a compulsive obsessive buyer.

We are stocked up on coffee, always have been but she thinks we need more coffee. So one day she found someone who had coupons for Starbucks whole bean coffee and traded for some hotdog coupons. By chance we were at one of these food surplus stores a few days later (run by spartan) and found Starbucks whole bean coffee in one pound bags 70% off, so we walked out with 20 pounds of coffee for nothing, it would have been more but I had her walk in front of me and handed my youngest three or four bags at a time to go put back on the shelf.

Now the problem is I think she tossed the coffee grinder - that's another problem she has with her injury.

BUT that's not the deal of the century. A few months prior she traded a co-worker some soap coupons for kurig k-cup pod coupons, buy one get two free deal. We went to the same store to get their pork (they have the best pork loin deals) and found McDonald's and Tim Horton's k-cup pods for 80% off the retail in their clearance section so we ended up with a car load - literally it was stuffed.

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i used to drink, 3 pots a day, and those were 12 cup coffee makers.

i am now down to 2 cups before i leave for work, then i buy sometimes an iced coffee or iced tea, and sip that through the night. only occasionally, stopping at the truck stop for maybe a hot coffee or iced one.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  8. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    Think I'm immune now. I can drink coffee right before bed and go to sleep, LOL.

9. homeskillet

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I used to need two whole pots just to get out of bed.

Nowadays, I fill my 12-cup pot to the 6 line, and drink that in the morning.

I will have one from the k-cup machine at work at first break. That's usually it for the day. I might drink a few more, but never less.

Havin' a cup right now...

10. homeskillet

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Not a fan of k-cups. Better by a mile than instant, but IMO not even in the same league as fresh brewed.

Great concept, though.

11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I tried the Flying Peelot's new gimic...Bean-to-Brew. I wasn't impressed. It grinds the beans fresh, then brews it right in front of you, 1 cup at a time. The problem, what's that frothy slime that is on top of my coffee...maybe they don't run it thru any kind of filter...either way, I would rather make cowboy coffee over a campfire then waste another dime on Bean-to-brew..just my opinion

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.