Comfort Master APU: Check oil switch?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by hiallz, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    The truck came with the Espar unit. I added the APU about a year later, mostly for the air conditioning.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. comandnet

comandnet Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Whitecourt AB
    I wraped hose end with teflon tape. making sure not to get it near the hose end. put them back on and no leaks, rewire is almost complete, two days, now I'm waiting on an $8 electric themal switch to run fan.. everything closed on weekend so had to order today, should be in on monday. right now fan stays on and dosnt shut off but I wired it that way as a failsafe. I need to use another wire to bring power up from ingnition relay for thermastat, right now it's getting power from switches to turn on unit, and I think that it should be off when driving, wouldnt do anything but hate for it to be switching valve closed when I want more heat in bunk from dash mounted switches

4. comandnet

comandnet Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Whitecourt AB
    sorry Tue morring or afterternoon, order peace today and get here today yea right. I live in a Med sized town.

5. comandnet

comandnet Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Whitecourt AB
    here is the last wiring diagram I used, all up and running now, no computers, and it shure puts out the heat Scan_Pic0002.jpg

6. Gears

Aug 20, 2009
    Mine puts out no heat. Anyone have pictures on how the hoses are run?
    The crank in my motor busted and I had to replace the motor. Don't know if I got the hoses on correctly.

Yeah, that was a real good feeling, having the motor take a dump before I could even get any substantial use out of it....

7. comandnet

comandnet Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Whitecourt AB
    if reversed you should still get heat, did you put same engine back in?

8. Gears

Aug 20, 2009
    Yep, exact same engine.

Hmmmmm...

9. comandnet

comandnet Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Whitecourt AB
    is engine getting warm, is it making any heat? could it need a thermastat is all heat going to rad. you could have a malfunction of heat valve behind engine it shuts off water going to hvac

Gears Thanks this.
  10. Gears

Aug 20, 2009
    Motor gets plenty warm to make heat. I'll have to look into the heat valve issue... if I can find the darn thing...

11. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Heat valve is usually located right agains the firewall on the engine side, left side. It'll have a blue box on top with two wires coming out.
    It's a zone valve which allows heat to the heater box/blower. I put it on a thermostate, then the valve went bad. I then took the valve out. You can take the hose off to the valve, pull the valve off, and plug the hose back into the firewall where the valve was mounted. Though this will give you heat all the time.
    I am now putting a electric thermostate controlling the blower for heat.

Gears Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.