Commerical License Fraud

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by smilley01, Nov 2, 2007.

1. smilley01

smilley01 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2007
    detroit, mi
    I dont know if I am in right place or not, but I have a question..

I have a friend that is married to a Arab, the guy is a trucker and has been for bout 10 yrs or so. The guy paid $ 900.00 for his license I think it was in 1998 Im not sure of yr but anyway he doesn't have the basic understanding of English that well, and to be quite honest his grammar sucks. He will call her and ask how to spell certain words and understanding of them as well... My question is If I wanted to turn him in whom would I do that with??? I have tried to talk to my friend about this but she refuses to do anything because this is her income as well as his but it isn't right and I will no longer set back as say nothing. Could someone pls point me in the right direction as who to contact?!? I appreciate any and all help or input.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zenix

zenix Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Oregon
    turn him in for what? it sounds like he can read and speak English well enough to communicate with people and read signs directions etc. (correct me on that if I'm wrong) you dont have to speak perfect English just well enough to be able to function and deal will dot and such.

thats from the Oregon cdl book

or did i read your post totally wrong and the license is fake

4. smilley01

smilley01 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2007
    detroit, mi
    Im Sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough.... The guy BOUGHT his license, never went to school, never went to State and never took a driving test. He handed someone money and they handed him a License. They faked his certificate to look as if he attended school. My earlier post stated he DOESN"T have basic english language skills, CALLS his wife to get the meaning of words. and spelling also. Hell I asked him what a slack adjuster , glad hand, header board etc was not long ago and he looked at me like what the hell are you talking about... I hope I made that clearer for you....:biggrin_25520:

I need to know who I report this to, because this guy is a danger on the roads. He does not obey traffic speed limits, in fact a few months ago, he nearly ran a couple off the road in TX during a bad rain storm. He normally has 3 logs going in his truck at same time in case he gets stopped by DOT.

I don't know about you but my finance went thru proper channels to get his License and this isn't right that a foreigner can come here, and because they have connections to the crooked pockets be handed things on a silver platter. I am outraged with this. I just found out all this and I feel it is my duty to do something about it.

Tys again

5. zenix

zenix Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Oregon
    ah then sorry i misread your post

6. jasonb1

jasonb1 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I don't get it. Is the guy's drivers license issued by his home state or is it completely fraudulent? If it is completely bogus would he be arrested anytime if he's pulled over and a basic run of the drivers license number is done?

7. smilley01

smilley01 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2007
    detroit, mi
    Im sorry I don't know how else to explain it.... His license is fake. He bought a certificate stating he passed a CDL class and never attended one class.

I don't think if he is pulled over they will instantly see its fake, He took the certificate to Sec of State, paid the money for his license and that was it.

I can't explain it more than that. I just need to know who I contact, If someone could help me I would appreciate it.

Tys again

8. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    I'd suggest that you start by contacting the DMV that issued his license. They have the records there and can follow up on the bogus schooling. Just a suggestion. Make a call to the DMV and if they can't help you, they should be able to point you in the right direction.:biggrin_2552:

9. jasonb1

jasonb1 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I think I understand, he didn't go to driving school. In Texas driving school is not required to get a CDL. If you can pass the written tests with the Texas Department of Public Safety, and the driving in test in a tractor trailer and pay the fees you get a CDL. Driving school is NOT a requirment for a CDL in Texas, check with your state first.

10. smilley01

smilley01 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2007
    detroit, mi

I don't know but maybe I am because I have to keep repeating the same thing over and over. He NEVER TOOK A TEST PERIOD NOT DRIVING NOT WRITTEN NOTHING ZILTCH. Jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz and you wonder why some consider a truck driver illiterate

11. jasonb1

jasonb1 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2007
    No apologies necessary. If he bought his license he could only do so from someone within the DMV, otherwise whenever he is pulled over his license would come back invalid and he would go to jail. No other entity would have the ability to create a driver profile within the DMV database. I sincerely doubt that this has occured but if it has contact your local DMV. Judging by your past posts you probably misinterpreted what your friend told you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.