Common Jobs After trucking?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by WhyDriveTruck, May 25, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's a few drivers that post on here that have home in Philippines. Maybe they're in the wife's name; they didn't specify. My condo's in China are in mine and the wifes name. Philippines is good though because there's a social security office in Manila. That's where I have to call if have a question, etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    My tennants/lot renters are all oilfield workers. They work hard, pay me on time, and generally are handy enough to fix what they break. I do have to invest a bit back into it for repairs, mostly ac. But I live in a temperate zone, winters worse is about 35 degrees 2-3 days a year. Plus my landlady does all the climbing under trailer homes parts of the job. Eventually I want to do something else, but it's working now at a better rate than any retirement plan.

Also, I just reinvest my earnings into more trailers for my lot. I have plenty of open spaces, most folks pay a home off then have it moved, freeing up another spot. I've also bought about 25 acres of undeveloped land around my park to expand. I've been clearing it periodically when dry enough to do so.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Professional gambler living in an RV traveling the country with no HOS shockchoke chain squeezed around your neck tight. Adult beverages stocked in the RV fridge crossing state lines at will and flipping the bird at weigh stations.

Florida Playboy Thanks this.
  5. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    You mean 2nd job after your 14 hours runs out?

6. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Sitting under a shade tree fishing.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I got 250 years. Adjusted for inflation.

Clyde07 Thanks this.
  8. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Whatever they could find that will pay the bills if they were smart enough to keep expenses down when they were driving. If anything, shipping/receiving, UPS part-time to full-time package sorter, insurance salesman, a 1-2 week course for the aforementioned fork-lifting certification or a phlebotomy tech.
    Earning a college degree or vocational tech certificate in something is nice. But some sort of intermediate job will have to be held until that larger task is finally finished.

9. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    I met that guy, he drives bulk for Schneider out of Pittsburgh
    Of course he didn't travel by RV, he was more of a G6 high roller.

scottied67 and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
  11. ahab

ahab Light Load Member

May 21, 2014
    essex ontario
    a lot of our school bus drivers are retired truckers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.