Anyone know of any trucking companies hiring in Maine that work with drivers that less than a year experience? I just looked at a company that was advertising on my local newspaper website but when I checked out their hiring area, it doesn't include New England. I did talk to another trucking company last week who wasn't hiring new to trucking drivers because their trainers don't want anyone in the trucks dues to the Spring of Covid. I have talked to most companies in the Bangor, Maine area where I live but without 12 months experience, they will tell me they can't hire me. I have talked to another company that hauls flatbed but they were only offering 36 cents per mile and didn't offer any health insurance. I have started applying for Class B jobs to try and get more experience than I have from hauling people's children to school and home.
Companies Hiring In Maine
Page 1 of 6
Try this website that has 4 companies. Landair is one of them and might cut some slack on the experience. Out of the 4 listed on the website, probably get 2 or 3 job offers.
Companies are & listed at the bottom of the opening page:
Southern Refrigerated Transport
Star Transportation | Covenant Transport Services
Click ---> Apply On Company Site
Required Education and Experience:
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid Class-A CDL with HazMat and tank endorsements
- One year safe driving experience OR a graduate of an approved driving school
- Flexible in scheduling for shifts, hours, and days
- Low accident history
East Coast Seafood Group - Prospect Harbor, ME 04669
CDL Class B Truck Driver | Maine JobLink
East Coast Seafood Group is proud to be a leading North American processor and marketer of live, & value-added frozen seafood. We are seeking a class B Truck Driver to become the newest member of our Maine Fair Trade Lobster Team. The position will be based out of our MFTL Lobster facility located in scenic Prospect Harbor, ME.
ACV Enviro - Bangor, Maine
experience preferred, but not required.
Must Have Class A or B CDL License.
· Must have Tanker endorsement
· Have or able to obtain Hazmat endorsement
· Have or able to obtain TWIC Card
· Driver Mentoring program ( Work one on one with a Driver Trainer)
· Full benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance.*
D. F. Wishart & Sons LLC - Clinton, ME 04927
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Page 1 of 6