Companies mandate COVID vaccine?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by RyanEAS, Oct 9, 2021.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    lol. states are starting to charge people with these.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    @RyanEAS I have known a few people who went through the CDL program at Kirkwood community college in Cedar Rapids, and they all turned out all right. Must be a halfway decent school.

My company is not requiring the shot at this time, but I have no idea how long that will last. I believe Joe’s “mandate” is a crock and they are just trying to scare us. It won’t work on me... LOL

4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    that fire you thing wont work. the unemployment agency done said it doesnt break any laws for the company to fire you. nurses are showing us this everyday

Trucker Paul Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I did not say it would. The primary difference is people such as the OP are employed by the FAA and as such, they are most likely a member of the AFGE and working under a very detailed CBA. What I actually stated was you have options. A fully vested federal employee has an awesome amount of rights with regard to being fired. When you quit most of these protections are forfeited, not if you are fired. As an aside, I am withholding my opinion on the legality of these mandates until the final decisions are made by the courts. The courts are sending mixed opinions on this. I noticed this article this morning! So with conflicting opinions, I would imagine SCOTUS will at some point get involved. If SCOTUS sides with the anti vaxers I suspect any terminations will get overturned and the fired employee reinstated maybe even with back pay! Right now it's just too early to say one way or another with regard to these mandates.

6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Your hardest thing will be finding a smaller company that doesn’t require two years experience. I’m sure they are out there though.

If there is an Estes in your town, they train people right off the dock so worth looking into. It’s local and pays great too. They are big but maybe you could get your CDL with them at least. I’d be surprised if they require the jab because they are extremely short staffed anyway. My cousin works there.

I completely understand your stance and applaud you! I wish more people would stand up like you are, it would put an end to this crap. I feel the exact same way.

I am someone who owns 10 trucks and will never ever require the vaccine. They can shove it. But, my insurance requires 2 yrs. Catch 22 there for someone in your situation.

Good luck!

Edit: Last spring people called us tin hat crazies for saying mask mandates will turn into vaccine mandates. Well... here we are.

7. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Please stop using the slur of anti-vaxer. People not wanting this vaccine. Are not against all vaccines.

8. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    When someone or some entity makes you do something you don't want to do, theres a word for that: you were bullied.

I can't look myself in the mirror if I accept being bullied. I'll never take it and I don't care what anyone thinks or says about it. Seems cowardly to me. Most men no longer have principles it seems.

9. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    With regard to the topic of this thread, my use of the term was proper. While I took the single dose back in May I am also for the time being an anti vaxer myself. I am 100% convinced that dang thing has harmed my heart.

10. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I think the OP would be better off sticking with the FAA. However, the OP could go on into a carrier-financed school and ride with a trainer for a while.

Trucker61016 and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    My trucking company is giving driver $50 if you show you already got vaccinated. Plus they are giving 2 people every week who are vaccinated random chance at winning $1,000 each.

I would not quite and FAA job to avoid the vaccine. Trucking is very regulated also and you could have same problem a driver. Plus driver pay low compared to air traffic controller. A truck driver makes $36,000 to $60,000 maybe a little more if want to run really hard

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.