Companies near Albany, NY for a new Driver?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Subseven, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Subseven

Subseven Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Hello all. My old man was a trucker and now I will be too. A month or so ago I took the plunge and went to the CDL School in Menands, NY. I just got my CDL A yesterday and graduated today. I'm looking to drive and not be loading/unloading due to a disability that I have.

I have been putting in apps here locally the last couple days. I really don't want to go over the road because (how should I put it) I'm married to being married. I'd love to find a good company to do some linehaul with. I don't want to do regional unless I can be home more than 2 days.

Any advice or info on good companies or ones to stay away from near me would really be much appreciated.

PS. Can I change my handle here?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Can you do tanker work? Climb on top of a tanker trailer, hook up hoses, ?

Subseven Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    RIST TRANSPORT LTD. A Division of WADHAMS ENTERPRISES, INC.Is looking for a LINE HAUL Driver to operate a tractor-trailer in the transportation of general freight in van trailers between our Terminals for next day delivery.
    HAZ MAT ENDORSEMENT IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
    Driver will work evenings--- Sunday thru Thursday.
    NEW MONTHLY BONUS PAY FOR ALL DRIVERS AND NEW PAY PLAN!!!

Subseven Thanks this.
  5. Subseven

Subseven Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Thanks.

Not sure. I'd have to try it to see. I've seen the ARG trucks but didn't pay too much attention to their trailers because they run NYC a lot. I'm not into that.

I called RIST on that job today actually. I'm applying. Just looking for other options as I'd rather stay out of the city of possible.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How about teams running west coast every week?

Subseven Thanks this.
  7. Subseven

Subseven Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Then I’d never be home. Right? How does that work?

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I was going to say Sysco, Grand Union. But if you have a pair of bawls you might want to explore turnpike Doubles, with Albany as a central point. Twin 48's with a tractor that can run with anyone towing them.

Subseven Thanks this.
  9. Subseven

Subseven Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2018
    I have bawls...but I gotta get my feet wet. Cisco have drop and hook or no touch?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That I don't know. Maybe. Stores need bodies in dock work. I spent 4 hours in Walmart Searcy DC one night as a temp. Handled 12 trailers empty reloaded 8 for stores. I don't know where the other 4 trailers of stuff went. But I do know I am not lumping again. Ive had a lifetime of lumping. You only get one spine.

Good companies drop and hook. No live unload. I don't know Albany's economic base anymore because any more talk is just that talk. I need to cut down on that.

11. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    What about price chopper?
    They have a big warehouse right in Schenectady.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.