Companies that offer CDL training around San Antonio?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by BIGLEFTYINTX, Aug 27, 2018.

1. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    I live close to San antonio. I'm trying to figure out how i can find out if these companies who offer school have hubs out of san antionio . I was looking into KLLM's school in lancaster,tx by Dallas,but recruiter could say if they have jobs in san antonio. I dont want to begin driving out of dallas and then have to drive home to san antonio for home time.That would kill all of my home time with driving back and forth

Thanks for info in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    IF KLLM the one who bought out FFE Lancaster Dallas TX then I can say that Waco field dispatch would decide what comes and goes for those who load in the region, probably MM Mars would be the top shipper. (Candy, also New Jersey. We did a lot of what they call interplant loads going back and forth (Which is rather interesting.. to consider) MM Mars is no nonsense when it comes to the quality of trailer they require.

There is nothing in San Antonio for FFE in my time. However we were hauling loads out of there from the west side with Ronnie Dowdy long ago, two or three trucks at a time going north into the USA.

San Antonio is not that far from Dallas about 5 hours give or take a little bit.

4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It's probably not even that long, depending on what part of Dallas you're driving from, is it even 300 miles?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Maybe 260 maybe 270 depending on what part of San Antone you are getting into from Dallas I suppose. Looking at the old Petro as a target destination, it would be even 276 miles or so roughly.

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's what I was thinking too. Maybe 4 hrs give or take

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Labatt Food Service has a hub in San Antonio and hires drivers with only a cdl permit. You'll go through their training process and hit the road with an experienced driver. Food service pays really well and way above a new cdl grad hauling general freight.
    Here's what Labatt says:
    "Labatt offers great benefits, including paid holidays and vacation, weekly pay, and insurance.
    Candidates are welcome to fill out an application online or in-house. For an in-house application, please visit us at the Labatt Training Center located at 4618 Industry Park Drive, San Antonio, TX 78218. Monday-Friday from 8:45 am - 3:00 pm. Must bring a valid TX Class A CDL or Class A Permit, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States."
    [​IMG]

CJ701 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you went with a company other than Labatt, do you have a place to park a truck at home or a safe place nearby?
    Many companies let you take the truck home with you.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check with Western Dairy Transport has cdl school in Bryan, Texas which is only 166 miles from you. You might like pulling milk tankers and the money is usually pretty good.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Western Dairy Transport, LLC is pleased to announce the grand opening of its newly developed training academy in cooperation with the Texas A&M University System RELLIS Campus in Bryan, Texas. The training academy was created to instruct employees in smooth-bore tanker operations to serve Texas’ continuously growing dairy industry. Texas dairymen currently produce 100,000,000 gallons of milk monthly, ranking the Lone Star State sixth in raw milk production nationally. The $3.2 billion industry supplies jobs for over $200 million in annual payrolls.

CJ701 and VIDEODROME Thank this.
  10. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    HEB 4710 Pan Am Expressway has a fleet of trucks. Southwestern Motor Transport right next door, they have dock positions available also.

The only reason to go with KLLM is if you want to see what a 20 hour Greyhound Bus ride feels like.

11. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    I think I worded my question wrong . I have no issue with traveling To my training facility. I don't want to pick a company that doesn't have a hub out of San Antonio or can't get me back to San Antonio on a regular basics. .

Southwestern is a company I'm interested in working for, but they told me they don't train . I can come to them after6 months . JB hunt is also another company in San Antonio , but don't offer CDL training.

I'm also not interested in food services .
    KLLM , told me I can request a different route after I completed 6 months training, but if they have no hub in San Antonio , I wouldn't be home regularly.
    I'm interested in doing line haul , not OTR as a career .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.