Companies that offer otr like Estes?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by J4yPanda, Apr 24, 2023.

1. J4yPanda

J4yPanda Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2021
    Maryland
    Are there any other ltl companies that offers otr linehaul like Estes?

Ps. Does the company have driver facing camera?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    I know NOTHING about Linehaul Companies, but there are MORE THAN ONE.
    I've only dealt with them by doing trailer to dock shuffles.
    Never directly worked for a Linehaul company.

Do a search for "Linehaul Companies". You should get a good listing.
    Then begin calling.
    - - - - - -
    What's the paranoia about Driver Facing Cameras?
    - - - - - -
    I drove a few trucks for different companies when I was doing the Driver Service gigs for a couple years after "retiring from OTR".
    Some companies had DFC's, and some did not.
    - - - - - -
    Just make noises like flatulence whether or not live.
    Belch, curse the wind, talk out loud or scream at the windscreen, also flip off the camera. :mad:
    Continue to do what you've done despite a nanny cam.
    - - - - - -
    I ate snacks and drank fluids while driving (as I had done for a couple DECADES Commercial Trucking without incidents) and it mattered NOT "who" was "watching".
    If there's someone "watching" every single driver, then these companies have too many watchers and not doers.
    CHEERS!!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  4. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    R&L has system runs like Estes does. ABF has what I’ve heard them refer to as “bag runs” where they stay out a night or 2. Used to Dayton Freight had an OTR division called Kelly Services I believe, or Kelly Transportation something like that. But I haven’t seen one of those trucks in a while.

J4yPanda Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Old Dominion Freight Line
    [​IMG]

J4yPanda and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  6. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
  7. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Right but not exactly. The way the extra board works at ODFL is your essentially are still home daily, but you run a different run every day. There's no set schedule. One day you could be running 650+ and the next 485. Trust me, there's a big difference between both runs lol. I think sometimes the option to travel out is there but I'm not sure. A guy I got hired with came from ODFL. Ran the extra board basically 3 years no days off.

If you know the 70 hour clock like I do, you can essentially run 7 days AND STILL DO A 34. According to him, he made a ton of money, but it was an absolutely nightmare.

Mike2633 and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Kelly Transportation was a Truck Load company owned by Dayton. Shuttered a couple years ago, had gotten down to something like 14 drivers. .We absorbed their trucks and trailers and re-badged. Their drivers were welcome to stay with Dayton if they wished. However, I dont think any seniority for bidding transfered.

Dayton has system bids. In sleepers where available but still get hotel everyday..

Mike2633 and motocross25 Thank this.
  9. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    The issue with driver facing cameras is if you itch your bum, and some little kid jaywalks in front of you going 55mph and you hit em the lawyers will have a wet dream saying you’re distracted driving, etc… it throws all the liability on the employee; hope your home, car and bank accounts are owned by a trust and not yourself.

that being said, I’m okay with em - I’ve maybe been dinged twice in the past 3 years. I got moved into a new freightliner and if you drop the visor on a cascadia the camera can’t see you in any location where they can legally place it on the wind shield. Lower both visor for maximum coverage

Mike2633 and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.