Companies that will hire new drivers with multiple moving violations in a personal vehicle

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Axc1199, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Axc1199

Axc1199 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2017
    I am interested in starting a carrier as a truck driver but i am concerned that my driving record will prevent me from finding employment as a driver.

I am 25 and have had quite a few speeding tickets in my few years as an adult driver and i am worried that my immaturity behind the wheel will keep me from finding a job as a trucker.

I have had three moving violations in the past year. All speeding tickets. And i know for a fact that i have had more than four moving violations in the past three years. No DUI's or reckless endangerment or any of the serious violations but i am worried that having a bunch of smaller violations will kill my career as a trucker.

Are there many companies out there that will take on new drivers who have had a less than clean MVR?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How much over the speed limit were you speeding?
    Carolina Cargo will probably hire you after you graduate from a cdl school. They run teams to California and back every week.
    Contact Carolina Cargo and ask for a pre-hire letter because the cdl school will want to see it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  4. Axc1199

Axc1199 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2017
    The one was 19. The others were less than 15

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The one that's 19 counts as reckless driving to trucking companies.
    Reason the cdl school will want a pre-hire letter is because of your driving record. They don't want to take your money, then when you graduate, can't find a job. This hurts their reputation.
    Carolina Cargo is the only company I know of that might hire you. They run hard, so be prepared for that.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Puppage Thanks this.
  6. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Many carriers will want to see you citation free for 1-3 years.
    Good luck and slow down!

7. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Just curious. How hard do they run? 41k for a solo driver home every weekend is poverty wages imo. For a hard running team driver it's absolutely ridicules.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They hire drivers no other company will hire; bad MVR, criminal records, ex-cons.

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  9. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    Might try Western Express. Stay a while, clean up your record and move on to a good company.

10. Ohshootmyradiosnotworking

Ohshootmyradiosnotworking Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2016
    New jersey
    I have not had a ticket in 4 years i still have one i didn't pay when its paid can i get a job

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.