Company asked if I might be interested in training, anyone done it?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Funny how supertruckers know to the day how long they been dreaming about a driving job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I was just gonna say. Maybe find a company that pays this much without having to train!

4. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I couldnt do it. My patience is paper thin sometimes and im not a people person.
    My old co-driver finally caved in to the companys begging to become a trainer. After he signed up for it he got a #### sandwich in return. Didnt take long and he gave em their trainer job back.
    Good Luck if you decide to do it -

Speed_Drums and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Go to a hardware store.

By a rat trap.

Write "This is what it's like to be a trainer" on it.

Set it.

Now put your #### in it.

6. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    You could make 2k a week solo.. shaffer and Crete are starting at .64 or .65 per mile with .04 cpm quarterly safety bonus on all miles if u hit like 28k or 29k which is easy

Lennythedriver Thanks this.
  7. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Lmao! Ok, I get it!

mjd4277 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Hey @Lennythedriver. DO NOT DO IT. You will not believe the idiots that you will have to deal with. And they're driving while your in the cab. F that.

austinmike Thanks this.
  9. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    I did it and I thought it was OK. If you need your alone time and the "little things" people do irritate you then training probably isn't for you. The only problems I ever had didn't have anything to do with the training. I had to kick one guy off my truck for stealing from me and another guy I never let on the truck to begin with due to hygiene issues.

gentleroger and austinmike Thank this.
  10. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I don't sleep well with a newbie at the controls, too many trucks have crashed and burned going down Donner Pass. I remember my first orientation with Swift in Phoenix, AZ. They showed a trainer truck doing just that, filmed by someone else of course.
    Besides, I find myself being less and less tolerant of people in general as I age.

okiedokie and austinmike Thank this.
  11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I did the training thing for about 1 year. We had to run team miles so it was not easy. No GPS navigation or satellite radio or the cheap music service you can get now from me internet. I would say the hard part was all the personal stuff I had to deal with. Guys wife called because they were cutting power off at his home because not paying bills. So he had to take emergency cash advance to send money home. Another guy liked to sing religion songs ( no satellite radio back then). Another guy pissed himself and driver seat. Then he informed me he has weak bladder. Another guy would sleep in all his clothes including boots. I did not like the idea he had step on my blankets and stuff with his boots to climb up to top bunk. He was worried about his feet smelling if he took boots off. Plus wearing the same clothes 24/7 for a couple days don't go so good.

That was 15+ years ago, maybe new drivers are better today

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.