Company Driver to IC

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by ncdriver1, Apr 28, 2016.

1. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Heavy Load Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Absolutely would have done it differently. I took a chance on the truck and it cost me a lot of time and money. Doing it over I should have waited another 3-6 months for that right truck to come along. I was a bit impatient to get out of a company truck and into something I could call my own so I went with what I thought would work.
    I'm currently negotiating with a dealer on a trade in for something much nicer, but I'm definitely taking a huge loss on it. But this time I'm making sure I know exactly what I'm buying.

2. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Yes. A little less money (maybe) but far less headaches. I thought about going the IC route when I was at Superior. Talked to a lot of drivers that had their own truck. They said it's basically a wash by the time you pay all your expenses, health insurance, etc. Most told me it was better to stay a company driver.

Another thing too is once you get at least 3 years tank experience you can find a higher paying company driver job. It took me a little bit but I found the unicorn I was looking for. Those 80k+ a year jobs do exist without the hassle of owning your own truck. It is nice letting someone else worry about paying for truck repair and maintenance. Just my 2 cents.

hey_serg, ncdriver1 and lagging Thank this.
  3. hey_serg

hey_serg Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2018
    exactly

4. hey_serg

Apr 8, 2018
    Can I pm you?

5. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Heavy Load Member

Dec 3, 2012
    sure, hit me up

6. hey_serg

Apr 8, 2018
    man I think I screwed that deal up because it started a post I believe. What are the IC possibilities for being a regional guy out of Markham?

• Draft saved Draft deleted