company drivers no more per diem 2018

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by orangepicker, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Tina M

Tina M Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2019
    How is OOIDA Going to help company drivers they are only for owner operator drivers. They still get to itemize their per diem and expenses

2. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I live in NY and found out when I went to my accountant that the state still allows per diem deductions just like the feds used to. Check with your state and maybe you will find the same.

3. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    Gross, state income taxes.. lol texas is open for buisness btw with NO state income tax.. just don’t come down here and vote like you guys do up there lol

4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Still have company deducted per diem this year. Works just the same. Standard deduction, no change in pay if I want per diem or not.

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  6. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Right and Texas is one of the very few states without an income tax. They must get it out of you some other way.

7. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
  8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Smaller tax refunds put GOP on defensive

But it's funny, I don't remember any stories about people being happier with their slightly higher weekly take-home pay in 2018. Are that many people THAT focused on their refund and don't really consider what they actually pay in federal tax between their withholding and refund?? They seem to be okay with any amount of withholding as long as they get their usual refund. Car salesmen [and government] must love the American taxpayer with that attitude

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    archangelic peon Thanks this.
  9. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Company drivers prepare to pay up or hardly get a refund from here on out..that little bit of extra change on your paycheck you got..your going to pay it back. Owner operators you are golden..the new tax law benefits biz owners and not employees. You may want to claim 0 your paycheck so you dont have to pay next year Traveling working stiffs were left in the dust on this one

10. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Yes but the new tax plan is going to result in your company handing out huge bonuses to make up for the loss of per diem. The job creators will surely reward the workers with some trickle down wealth.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.