Company drivers - save your fuel receipts

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by burnedoutnewbie, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. Bigray

    Bigray Road Train Member

    Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida

    5920 Hwy. 30, Huntington, OR 97907-9707
    Registration Services (8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday)
    Phone: (541) 869-2293
    Fax: (541) 869-2021
    Truck Size and Weight Enforcement Services
    Phone: (541) 869-2474
    Fax: (541) 869-2021
    Note: Farewell Bend is in the Mountain Time Zone.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. delta5

    delta5 Road Train Member

    Sep 9, 2010
    If your IFTA sticker is up to date and in order, there should be no problems with Oregon. You dont need to show them fuel receipts. If you are on paperless, you wont have any to show. That cop is full of crap.
  4. wis bang

    wis bang Road Train Member

    Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    The whole point of IFTA & IRP was to get rid of all those individual fuel decals, waffle plates, etc. and some states also apply what is called a 'third tier' NY HUT, KY KYU, Oregon and possibly New Mexico are the rest...

    The Feds have been fightin' NY for years. The last court decision they won so you don't have to show a NY HUT [used to be TMT for ton/mile tax] decal BUT NY still requires you to register the truck, the cab card is vehicle specific and since the last court go round it doesn't need to be in the cab ??? Just don't get stopped and not have your tractor VIN in the State's computer without a trip permit...

  5. cherokee96red

    cherokee96red Light Load Member

    Jun 15, 2009
    Hernando Beach FL
    Just did one with that POE this week. Be sure of which POE truck will be entering through. If the permit is obtained through 1 POE and the truck enters at a different POE, there will be problems. On the plus side,sent my email to Farewell Bend and they called back within the hour and everything was done. Cost $73.09.
  6. blackw900

    blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

    Jul 12, 2009

    Oregon doesn't participate in IFTA, They have their own deal. YOU NEED AN OREGON FUEL PERMIT!

    I've never been asked for a fuel receipt...

    All cops are full of crap!:biggrin_25523:
  7. northstarfire0693

    northstarfire0693 Medium Load Member

    Jul 1, 2006
    Oregon has always been like that on the fuel permit. The only reason ANY Diesel cop wants to see your fuel receipt is to compare it to your log book.
  8. REDD

    REDD The Legend

    Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    You can not legally enter Oregon without a weights & measures permit (fuel permit). When you are rolled across the scale they run your tag number to see if your legal.... No permit? No leaving the scale house!!

    What has already been said is true... Oregon DOES NOT participate with IFTA

    Not really. The weights & measures permit has only been active for maybe 8 or 9 years now. Before that you had a PUC plate on the truck. Yes, all carriers that wanted to run Oregon had to have their trucks plated in Oregon! I hated that gawd ugly red plate
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted