Company/Trainer Coercion‽

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by WrongTurn2085, Jan 2, 2022.

1. WrongTurn2085

WrongTurn2085 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2021
    I have an issue with the company I'm at. My trainer falsified my logs. He taught me the wrong way to do things and kept me in the dark on a lot of things. After four months out in my own truck I got pulled in and "coached" by the company's compliance office. Isn't that coercion? Aren't there whistle-blower laws? They can watch our HOS in real-time, so why didn't they "coach" my trainer then instead of waiting 4 months to "coach" me. There have been over 5 of us with this issue. How can we be expected to know any different? Any advice?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. little cat 500

little cat 500 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Abbottstown PA
    Why did you let or go along with the trainer on the falsified log? crying foul after you went along with it? more to the story maybe

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Nobody trained me, and I still know the ins and outs of the HOS rules pretty well.

That’s me trying to be nice in telling you to do what it takes to be a professional driver. You obviously have an internet connection, you could use it to learn what you need to know about the HOS in a few hours.

Or not.....

ZVar and MIT Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You can keep asking. You won't get an answer you want. Instead you'll get the correct answer.

That being you seem more upset with the training to be compliant/legal than with the fact you have trouble running legal.
    Take the opportunity to become more professional instead of whining that the company is willing to train you.

Accidental Trucker Thanks this.
  6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I think your mindframe is a little too conspiracy theory-ish. Some trainers are not going to teach you everything, and it may get you into trouble in the early going. Look at it this way: you didnt get fired. The coaching you're getting is so you won't get fired. Let them teach you, show you how they want you to log, because companies oftentimes have specific ways of logging. Soak it all in and learn. At this juncture, you can't worry about what you did or didn't get in training. It'll always be something to learn so chillax, and learn these logging techniques.

7. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    Look at my first post on this forum. I reported my first company to FMCSA and I was told without video there was no proof.

Next time you are called in take a camera and document everything. I did that with MAY and the big scary tattooed guy who was supposed to “correct me” went scurrying from the room. From then on out I was allowed to abide by HOS rules.

Bret1984 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.