Comparing seat replacement for 379

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by LoJackDatHo, Jul 21, 2017.

1. DL550CAT

DL550CAT Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    I had the ISRI in my day cab and have the grammar kingman now.
    I had the ISRI for 7-8 years. The lower cushion was just starting to break down and was developing a small tear. A great seat would buy it again.
    I have a Gammer Kingman now. It was part of the deal i made when I bought this truck. It was a new takeout from a 579 Pete. It's very similar to the ISRI. It appears to be made as well. But I found the ISRI to be more comfortable.

LoJackDatHo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DL550CAT

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    Most every truck I've had started out with had a National. They kill my lower back. I'm not old (yet) overweight or in poor physical shape. But two hours in a cheap seat and I'm ready to get out and stretch. 2000 for something that lasts for more than 7 years is peanuts in trucking. I am in rough riding trucks. Was in a short (210") W9 now I'm in a slightly longer 388 but has air trac. The seat makes a difference.

Diesel Dave and LoJackDatHo Thank this.
  4. LoJackDatHo

LoJackDatHo Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2017
    I do see both sides to what everyone is saying when it comes to seat prices. Here's the deal for me. My truck is a 99. I'm still riding in the same factory seat that came in. The cloth still has no rips in it. Most guys have replaced seats 2-4 times by now. So really $1500-$2000 is what I realistically could have already spent. So that's why I don't mind dropped by that coin now. As far as cloth to leather, I have leather in my pickup and let me tell you, it's so much easier to clean if you get grease in the seat from working on stuff than cloth is. Also I finger print 40-80,000 pounds a week, so sometimes my back is hurting before I even drive for the day. I know I need to sit in different seats to make a decision, but the Isri & Grammer is hard to find sitting on a showroom floor somewhere. That's why I was curious about those 2. I sat in the minimizer and wasn't impressed for the price. It was the loaded up $1500 one too.

DL550CAT Thanks this.
  5. LoJackDatHo

LoJackDatHo Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2017
    $500 more comfortable? And I don't have a problem with the $500 more, just asking your serious opinion

6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Its a wide seat. I would definitely check measurements before buying if that would cause you a problem.

I only posted that because its what I have and is a very comfortable seat and I thought it was reasonably priced compared to other seats with similar options.

Hurst

LoJackDatHo Thanks this.
  7. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I'm 6'1, 260lbs,. so you are probably right about that. I think its perfect for guys my size.

Hurst

OLDSKOOLERnWV and JimmyWells Thank this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I got a dealer take out kw seat with heat and air ....

The air blowing on your back is the best thing ever.....

IMG_1537.JPG

They have a bunch of them for $1250 I think.... I offered less and they took it....

Seat specs

KW GT703 Slate Gray Climate HB Leather, Integral Heat, Storage Package Air Ride Seats with 3 more coming in early July. Truck Sales Code 8410354. Very complicated story but these seats were removed before delivery to the customer. They are interchangeable driver's and rider's sides.

Paccar Parts # S78-1143-5521P2L56 List $3,561.44 Dealer Net $1,691.88

Old Part Number # S78-1143-1521P2L56

Johny41 and LoJackDatHo Thank this.
  9. DL550CAT

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    I don't know. On thing I like about the Grammer over the ISRI is that it will rock back like a rocker. lower seat and back move together.
    I like the fact that the ISRI lowers all the way after you get out. The Grammer stays the same height.
    The more I think about if I was to buy another seat it'd be an ISRI. It fits me better.
    I don't think you will go wrong either way both are built very well. They both are very heavy compared to a National.

LoJackDatHo Thanks this.
  10. DL550CAT

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    The Minimizer is an ISRI. If you don't like it don't buy the ISRI. If it was the firmness of the ISRI/Minimizer you didn't like you'll like the Grammer even less. They are not big cushy overstuffed seats. Both are firm and supportive.

LoJackDatHo and redoctober83 Thank this.
  11. DL550CAT

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    Yea

Yes that's a Grammer seat.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.