Connex 3300HP-ZX

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2005.

1. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    It will work .... Magums are good radios

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Why should I have to take a test ? You beleve in freedom don't you ????

Or does freedom only apply to things you beleve in ?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  4. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006

Guess who were primarily responsible for the "busts". Yep, it was the hams. WHY? Because they got durned tired of finding CBers on THEIR frequencies. Not because CBers were on the non-existent "freeband", not because they were on the POLICE frequencies, but because people (unaware CBers) were using ILLEGAL, so-called "10 Meter 'amateur' radios ON the 10 and 12 meter band where they DON'T belong!!! They are NOT welcomed, they are NOT wanted, and they are subject to FINE and forfeiture of equipment when they are caught. FCC is complaint-driven, so in order for them to act, somebody has to register a complaint. When someone breaks into a house, somebody has to call the cops. Once done, the cops will respond. When someone documents the presence of unwelcomed, ILLEGAL radio operators on others' frequencies, FCC will likewise respond to that complaint as well. IF the Feds had enough agents, could actively enforce every infraction committed, they would be out there popping CBers right and left, but they don't have enough people to go after every violator. Neither do the cops!!! But when someone DOES file a complaint, particularly when they provide PROOF of the presence of illegal operators, FCC WILL respond to it. It just so happens that the hams take high exception to outlaw CB operators in THEIR assigned bands and they respond the same way a homeowner reports a burglar: They document the illegal, gather evidence, send it up to FCC. If CBers go down below channel 1, the military will do the same thing.

The problem is, many CBers have not ONE clue as to the law, they have been taught by urban legend they can do just about anything they want, and they have NO training as to the actual realities of using a radio. That is a huge problem because using a radio is not like turning on a toaster! Your illegal operations can create interference to other radio users, block important communications, and prevent or slow commerce without YOU ever knowing about it unless someone complains. By that time, it is usually too late because the damage has already been done. Inexperienced "appliance operators" (CBers) have no concept of such things as "automatic link establishment" (ALE) where the radios in an HF network sample various frequencies and select a frequency that will carry the traffic according to atmospheric/ionospherice conditions. In some networks, this could be a frequency from 1.7 MHZ thru 30 MHZ. Suppose a military station's ALE protocol selects 26.500 MHZ for a "handshake" with the other stations in a network. The operators can NOT "change channels" in the sense a CBer knows it; His radio does this FOR him. So the operator of the HF station hears, "HOW 'BOUCHA THAR, MERCY SAKES, WE A-TRYING THAR, AH GAR-UN-TEE YE THAR ON THIS H'YAR REDDIDDO, GIT BACK" or a garbled mess of AM that not's supposed to BE there to start with. The CBer likely hears something like "TWEE-DE-DEEDLE-DEEEEEEEEEEEDEEEEEEEDLE-DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-BRRRRRRRRRUP!" It sounds like just so much racket to HIM because he doesn't KNOW what it is. But it IS the tone-burst "handshake" signal between the HF radios contacting each other saying, "OK, I've got a 'link' on this 26 MHZ frequency, so we can lock hands and talk" (using voice, radio teletype, packet, or Pactor----even Morse code if they wanted.
    Guess how much these radios cost! Over $2500 EACH!!!! :biggrin_2555: Your illegal wannabe allegedly "BIG ham" radio isn't even a drop in the bucket in comparison!!!!:biggrin_2559:

I happen to be one of those linked stations with which these "export" radios interfere with as well as an amateur licensee. These outlaws have no ##### business being THERE to start with! Why SHOULD the authorized users NOT be angry? I blame the unscrupulous dealers of "export" radios for a lot of the "extree channel" crap that causes people to go out of band!:biggrin_25510:

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't appreciate illegal operators on ANY frequency for which I am authorized. Likewise, I DON'T go onto frequencies where I am neither authorized nor welcomed! Again, if CBers think its so OK to violate the law, cause interference to LICENSED services, show up on the ham bands, WHY don't they just buy a POLICE radio if you think you have some "right" to operate on any "channel" you wanna!!! See how that works out for you! (ratchet-ratchet=the sound of handcuffs locking your wrists!!!!:biggrin_2557:
    The reality of it is, ALL licensed services receive protection from interference by unlicensed stations and the offended stations/people have to let the authorities KNOW someone is breaking the law! And we WILL, too!!!!!!

GF

5. Chain Drive

Chain Drive Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Nova Scotia,Canada
    Sparky wont ship to the great white north, and since we aren't advertising G.I. joe's ships worldwide

6. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Gadfly ....

LEGALEEZE ......

SEC. 301. [47 U.S.C. 301] LICENSE FOR RADIO COMMUNICATION OR TRANSMISSION OF ENERGY
    It is the purpose of this Act, among other things, to maintain the control of the United States over all the channels of radio transmission; and to provide for the use of such channels, but not the ownership thereof, by persons for limited periods of time, under licenses granted by Federal authority, and no such license shall be construed to create any right, beyond the terms, conditions, and periods of the license. No person shall use or operate any apparatus for the transmission of energy or communications or signals by radio

GUY TALK ......

Only the FCC can issue you the right to use a radio and what frequency it can be on.

LEGAL OR NOT ?

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

This should take you to the site that you can look up radios on NOT ALL ARE LISTED ! Some are before this was set up but will have a PART 95 ID on the back.

WHAT IS LEGAL ?

Sec. 95.409 (CB Rule 9) What equipment may I use at my CB station?

(a) You must use an FCC certificated CB transmitter at your CB
    station. You can identify an FCC certificated transmitter by the
    certification label placed on it by the manufacturer. You may examine a
    list of certificated equipment at any FCC Field Office or at FCC
    Headquarters. Use of a transmitter which is not FCC certificated voids
    your authority to operate the station.
    (b) You must not make, or have made, any internal modification to a
    certificated CB transmitter. (See CB Rule 25, Sec. 95.425). Any internal
    modification to a certificated CB transmitter cancels the certification,
    and use of such a transmitter voids your authority to operate the
    station.

Anything else is mythbuster stuff .......

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    I would check with customs I know from dealing with Austraila somethings will not export ... example ...
    You cannot send a FRS/GMRS radio it is a police band :biggrin_25510:

8. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    There are ways around that,but . . . . . :biggrin_25524:

9. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

TRUST ME I KNOW :biggrin_2559:

I have a very good friend who we have know each other 20 years and some of the postal rules are mind bogglein.

YEARS AGO .... I sent ham a Kenwood radio customs TOOK THE RADIO APART ..... then could not figure how to put it back together ....

SO .....

They packed it in a larger box ..... Yep changed it from a KENWOOD to a HEATHKIT ..... It took him almost a day with the factory repair book which i had sent with it to get everything working ......

Must have had some very board drug sniffing dogs or maybe they were studying to be RADIO REPAIRMEN :biggrin_25521:

So much for filling out that customs slip ......

10. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006

How many CBers ever SEE, much less READ Part 95? Do those so-called "10 Meter" radios come with those rules in the box?:biggrin_2559: No! Not likely since they are ILLEGAL to start with with regard to CB use!!
    Do the builders include them in legal CB radios anymore? I can't say; haven't bought a new CB in 25 years. They used to include them. Even then, prolly thrown out with the box cuz they don't WANT to read anything that conflicts with their own desires.:biggrin_25510: MO' POWAH, MO' 'modju-la-shun', all controls to the right, MO' o' them channels, le's turn them pots an git jist ONE mo' watt. When the rightful users (licensees) of
    bands outside CB get splattered because of butchered, bootleg radios, is there any WONDER they get mad?:biggrin_2557:

The rules are there to promote GOOD order, the most use of a radio resource by the most people, prevent interference, and establish "fences" that keep people corralled in their own assigned area. If people FOLLOWED those rules (Part 95), used courtesy, didn't monkey with their radios or use excessive power, everybody would be able to talk farther, enjoy it more, and get the most use out of CB.

GF

11. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Under 47 U.S.C. 95.XXX

Define a 10 meter radio ? I cannot find " 10 Meter radio " and CB radios are not allowed to cover more than 40 ch ....

Only " 10 meter " radio ever made was a HTX-10

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.