Connex 3300HP-ZX

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2005.

1. tfisher63

tfisher63 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Casper WY
    Good Point!! and I bet the space station doesnt have echo...lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
  4. RubberMan

RubberMan Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2006
    It's all good Mr Kc, I enjoyed it myself .
    And that is what this thing is all about .
    Different points of view indeed .
    I don't mind taking it all in at times
    And picking the brains of some of the older bucks here .
    And this is a really great forum .
    We've had some serious wind here and it looks like I'll be renting the lift this weekend to straighten out the old whip, but before all that, have to take a trip out to granma's and pick up this big beauty and hopefully I won't wreck nuthin :)
    Have a great weekend everyone .
    Now it's time to make the donuts
    Or is it . . . Time just to Go nuts ?:icon_jokercolor:

5. RubberMan

RubberMan Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2006
    I just can't understand, why and what is so illegal about these radios.
    Why make it , if you can't sell it ??
    I mean , if the legal limit is 4-5 watts, why make a radio that goes beyond that?
    Or why are you not allowed to be able to transmit farther , with the added power?
    Why don't they want you to be able to transmit as far as is possible, by any means neccesary?
    Why do they only allow 4 -5 watts?
    I just have so many questions about this whole " Legality " thing .
    It's almost like saying . . . Fight the fight , but don't you dare try to win it.
    The whole reason people buy radios is to talk as far as you can, that is half the fun of the hobby, the other half , well for me , is taking my radio apart and trying to understand how it all works and how I may improve my audio signal , But of course I want to start with the best radio I can get my hands on, No matter what anyone says But at the same time I don't want to feel threatened , that the FCC is gonna come kick my door in and invade my private life, just because of it . . .
    I just want to talk as far as I am able to get it to talk .
    So I guess if I ever get my door kicked in and my *** beat because of talking on a radio over 4-5 watts and then have to go to court and pay fines and risk jail time . . . .I'll try to explain to them , what I'm saying here and basically throw myself on the mercy of the cort and hope they understand and think , like I think, afterall, they are human .
    I'm sure someone out there must feel the way I do ??
    I absolutely love my Connex 4600 Turbo!
    The best AM radio I have ever had.
    And every radio check I get , people can't believe my 20 , in relation to the signal I give them and the audio quality.
    If you know how to use your echo in just the right way and don't crank it to hell. . . .
    This radio is excellent and I can't understand why I'm not able to safely use it without this fear as mentioned above . . .
    I should not have to live in fear from my own government .
    I love my country .
    This is just the hobby I love and I'm just trying to understand it by experimenting . . . That's the fun .:smt023
    Thank you for the space to plead my case . . .
    This is the Rubberman 2112 out of Long Island New York, wavin a Big Fat Apple Pickin Hand :icon_jokercolor:

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The reason for only allowing 4 watts is so it doesn't bleed on to other channels and cause unnecessary interference. Now if only people would pay as much attention to their antenna and coax as they do their output power. That is what makes you reach out. Getting your radio turned up by some hackjob only serves to intensify other symptoms, such as an already dirty signal.

7. RubberMan

RubberMan Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Exactly, ya got to love when someone thinks , they're going to buy a radio and buy any old antenna and simply expect it just to be a perfect match .
    I go through quite a bit of work to get my Antennas perfectly tuned to the channel I use the most, I will accept nothing but a 1.0 to 1 .
    I'm real picky about my SWR .
    I'm also real picky about the way in which my radio is tuned, Knowing from the factory they basically just "ballpark" it , which is way too wide banded for me.
    Naturally the finer it is tuned on tx and rx the farther it will transmit and receive .
    And you're not getting this kind of tune up from just a meter and a screwdriver .
    As I believe KC has stated before, you need a scope to get it that fine tuned .
    And I also know by lowering your dead key on AM you're increasing your overall modulation, which is the "Real Power " on the AM side.
    All that aside you're still only going to go X amount of miles on a 4-5 watt dead key and the only thing you're left with in the way of transmitting and receiving farther would be to increase the height of your antena.
    My antenna is already over 90 ft after last weekends renting if the 56 ft lift and the 3 10 ft sections of mast pole , plus the 24 ft antenna .
    So yes, at 5 watts, the radio gets out really well , but does the experimenting have to stop there, just because someone in the FCC has limited the number to 4-5 watts ?
    I like to have a radio that puts out a little bit more than that so I can reach out a little bit farther and anyone who says thier 5 watt radio is going to be heard over a 50 - 150 watt radio is just kidding themselves.
    No single final radio is going to key over a 2 final radio on the AM side , when te power is modulation , unless that guy with the 2 finals as a poorly tuned set up .
    I'm no radio Guru as there are many here . . . .
    But I do know the basics .
    What is your take on all this ?
    I'm curious to know, so get back to me as soon as you can , OK ?

8. RubberMan

RubberMan Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2006
    I shouldn't have said no 5 watt radio, just to be clear, I should have said no one that has a perfectly tuned 50 watt radio is going to be keyed over by any 5 watt radio perfectly tuned . . . . and the added final is just a bonus .
    I mean if it's kinda like your truck, if it's worth turbo charging, it's worth turbo charging twice . . .
    Have a great day everyone .
    Just my opinion . . .

9. RubberMan

RubberMan Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Did I mention, I just love this forum ?
    I learn a lot from the postings here .
    Countless things .
    And in my opinion if you're driving for a living and you want a radio that gets way down the road, go out and buy yourself the Galaxy 95 T or the Connex 4600 Turbo. . . ." I think the Connex has better audio quality "
    But you don't need to do anything but the frequency mod to these radios and they talk way down the road and the overall idea is to be able to be heard loud and clear . . . .
    So the Connex 4600 or the Galaxy 95 T with the Wilson Trucker is guarenteed to exeed any of your expectations .
    If you don't have a need for sideband , I suggest the Connex though, ya save a lil money and the audio is a little bit cleaner .
    73's

10. kc0rey

kc0rey Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Macomb, IL
    Geez.......I give up.........I should delete these posts due to all the disinformation................

11. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    It's a bit of a monster you have here, but many of us do appreciate your work. AJ has a couple of SSB radios and enjoys reading your posts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.