Constantin Levinte of PrimeTime Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by soleman, Aug 8, 2022.

1. soleman

soleman Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2019
    I’m not one to tell anyone to stay away from a company. But if you want more information about Levinte Trucking or PrimeTime Trucking out of Barrington, IL, this is my take:

It is an Eastern European company that preys on unsuspecting drivers who in many ways have to sign away any rights they have before their first load. The contract contains fees ranging from false log entry (i.e. as minor as driving a few miles on PC) to late appt arrivals.

There also seems to be some confusion among the team on who gets detention and who doesn’t. Zina (accounting) told me that detention is guaranteed. Sam (dispatch) told me isn’t.

Rules are based on their mood, not policy.

Constatin Levinte does not believe that honesty is a virtue. He will say whatever he needs to say to get you into a truck then completely change your verbal agreement after you sign the dotted line. Everything from payday dates, escrow amount, equipment and weekly miles all changed as soon as I stepped into his ‘yard.’

His staff, Sam, Erica and Zina will religiously back up his dishonest tendencies therefore not finding any support when you feel lied to.

Safety (Erica) has passable knowledge on DOT practices and procedures. But doesn’t realize that some DOT rules are no longer required (such as filling out a pre-inspection report). So, to her, it is important to hire drivers who are naive to DOT rules so that she can manipulate you. She kinda likes to pull your strings a little bit so don’t get too personal. She’ll use your vulnerabilities against you.

Dispatch (Sam) can be very cordial at times (referring to me as ‘brother’) but as soon as he is called after business hours (for lumper pay, detention info, etc.) his term of endearment subsides and you’re pretty much being lectured about how stupid you are, that is if he answers the phone at all. And if you snap back (which I did) your next next load has a 5 AM or a 11 PM PU or DEL time.

Loads have several stops with appt times that spread across two to three days. You’re literally sitting in one city for three days. Once your first load is unloaded you have to wait another 24 hours for the second stop to unload. You’re not driving at all, you’re just sitting in your truck for many days at a time, not making money.

Can someone please explain to Zina (accounting) what layover pay is. It’s not the same as detention pay.

On the surface they appear very professional and laid back. And I have to admit their equipment is better than average. But don’t let that fool you.

They’re a bit sketchy and it’s very obvious that they’re in it just for the money, yep, the driver’s money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas

Well.

What Austin thinks.

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Go figure.. Chicagoland trucking company... and Foreigners... and getting screwed..
    Who da thunk

sevenmph, Kyle G., 48Packard and 5 others Thank this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah, when did all this start?

Kyle G., Boondock and TB John Thank this.
  6. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    You've been here since 2019... what made you think this foreign Chicago outfit was going to end differently for you than the thousands of other accounts on here? Promises of big pay? Thinking they must be dumber than you to be sucked in?

Yup. Gotta be those promises of impossible to attain miles at incredible $0.75+ rates, just like everyone else who gets sucked in.

7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I don’t wish misfortune on anyone. But if anyone falls for anything emanating from Chicagoland that has Eastern European written on the package, you bought it. Caveat Emptor…good luck going forward.

Boondock and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    It’s been what, 18 hours since the last post about an Elk Grove Village trucking company? These rip off companies aren’t worth reading about while sitting on the toilet.

9. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sorry this happened to you and I don't like to see anyone screwed over by anyone! But stories about the Chicago companies have been a weekly if not daily occurrence here.

Back when I started, if you wanted information on a trucking company, you would ask a few drivers, as that was the only way. Now with the internet, there is so much information you can learn about a company that you are interested in. People really need to do research before they accept a job.

mjd4277, jethro712 and Boondock Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.