Contending with 4 Wheelers that don't know how to merge!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Knoxcious, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Cleveland is one Ohio city I'm a fan of. Columbus...not so much.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    Dude, WE are the professionals! Behave like it!

otterinthewater Thanks this.
  4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

Laws are made to be broken. Just as it's your right to ride the center lane with traffic passing you by on both sides (which is rather unsafe), it's my right to make the choice to run with the flow of traffic. If the speed limit is 55 and traffic is moving 65, I'm going 65. I will not be the one holding up traffic. Speed limit be dammed.

"I can’t make you understand that but one day a copwill. A judge will."

Maybe, maybe not. My record is spotless. And I've been pulled over for speeding a time or two. Never seen the inside of a courtroom, or been handed a ticket. Maybe I've been lucky over the last 17 years of driving a truck, and 20 years of driving in general. But I'll stick with what I find works.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    special-k Thanks this.
  5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Well, nobody really drives the speed limit. Unless they see a LEO and everyone panics... If every one is changing lanes to go around you, the "law abiding citizen", then you are too slow for the middle Lane. Look in the mirror and watch what traffic is doing when it comes up and goes around you. You are disruptive to the flow, does it look safe?

Slower moving traffic keep right. That's a law too. "bite your ego and swallow your pride"? I was thinking the same thing. ;)

6. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

I'm quite sure I have ample ability to see what's going on ahead of, and around me. I am a proactive type, not a reactive type.

Again, what I cannot stand is those who hang out in the left or center lane without regard to the other traffic around them. I'm not advocating to drive 85mph when everyone else is doing 65. That is not safe. But if the traffic is moving at 65 and the speed limit is 55, the one driving 55 is the unsafe one.

7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I don't care for left lane runners either but do what you think is right or do what you think is safe.
    I hope you never have to use that argument in a civil suit because I guarantee you won't have a leg to stand on.
    Your perception of safe and what is LEGAL are vastly different in a court of law.

cybill234 and KB3MMX Thank this.
  8. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I'll take my chances on that. And suffer any consequences that may arise. But I refuse to be one of those who believe that just because some government official says I should only drive 55, or whatever law you wanna throw in, that that's the safest thing. I mean, Hitler told the Jews to get in the train cars because it would be a good idea. How'd that work?

9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Its a problem anywhere you go. If I cant move over, I maintain my speed and position. Have put a few on the shoulder. Its not rocket science. F em

fargonaz Thanks this.
  10. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
  11. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I know in some places "slower traffic keep right" is actually a law. It's just rarely ever enforced. So I just wanted to throw that out there for the ones who dismiss the speeders for breaking the law.

Truly I could care less. I will just pass in the left lane regardless.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.