CONVOY...my limited experience & observations

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Scooter Jones, Aug 11, 2017.

1. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Odd comment ! I never said Coyote questioned my ability. I have run very little for them. 2 loads in fact. Why should I pull freight for somebody who charges me 3% for quick pay when I get charged 1.5% by CHR and nothing by Convoy. Then they make me wait a week. IT isn't anything personal it is just good business sense. Coyote don't like my rate either. Kind of a waste of time.
    I use a regular guy at CHR for most of my freight and Convoy occasionally. I have a Convoy load now. Doesn't pay bad and I find them easy to deal with. Don't understand the tracking problem somebody had. That is par for the course nowadays. I prefer it to stupid check calls.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    You don't have to run the app on while under their load. However, if you don't, they won't do QuickPay.

4. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Just an fyi, Convoy does business as "Greypoint Inc dba Convoy". We run an initial credit check on every broker we get set up with, then a follow up credit check every 6-12 months (just to make sure they're still paying their bills on time). This caused some initial confusion because there is another Convoy brokerage based out of AR. They are 2 separate entities.

izifaddag Thanks this.
  5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I don't have a problem with tracking per se. I have a problem with giving away a very valuable service like tracking for free. I'll never understand how anyone stays in business giving everything away like many of you do. I'm fairly certain I mentioned all of this in my initial post concerning the matter.

6. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    So they have basically found a way to make even more profit off the Carrier by either getting free track or charging for the quick pay. These Brokerages are genius'. The more I get into this the more I see how the Carrier is nothing more than a cash vessel for everyone involved.

7. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Not quite, you get your money via ACH without a charge, just not in 2 or 3 days. More like 14 days, if I remember right.

8. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    So again, they're making money for nothing. I don't consider that quick pay. Especially since they're advertising a much shorter payment term.

9. Terser

Terser Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2018
    The rates lately are too cheap...

izifaddag Thanks this.
  10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Not much cheaper than most posted rates recently. Supply & demand.

11. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I'm hauled MANY loads for convoy and they are a pain sometimes. You have to ALWAYS use the app or they will not pay you on time. You can bid on lanes, but if you bid too high they will kick it back. MOST rates that I have seen are $2 a mile and they never really go over $2 a mile unless its going into Florida. If you follow the rules and play the game then you will get paid in 1 day every time. I have been paid FOR EVERY load I have ever done in 1 full business day. The real Convoy is backed by Jeff Bezos of Amazon.

azcardnlz and izifaddag Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.