Conway is full of it?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by TRUCKDUCKY, Mar 9, 2012.

1. TRUCKDUCKY

TRUCKDUCKY Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2012
    ROLLTIDE, ALABAMA
    Ok i feel that Conway tell lies to there new students i been here for 20 days and no telling how much longer. I was told by Conway recruiter and i got a email when im done with training i will receive 300.00 bucks i got that and be assigned with a trainer didn't get that. My group of 12 finished Tuesday and we all now couped up in this hotel i didn't sign up for this i came to work. And yep we supposed to get two meals a day until we leave with trainer that stopped on Tuesday they really need to get it together and fast.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Welcome to trucking dude.

Training will be a long drawn out process no matter where you go.

Leftlane101 and Spurs Thank this.
  4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Be happy they popped for the room and meals.

Leftlane101 and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  5. T-RIX

T-RIX Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Personally, I've never been given a job opportunity where the company pays your transportation, hotels, meals, etc. (to train you from nothing) Grow some balls or you'll die out here.

Leftlane101 and lonewolf4ad Thank this.
  6. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Trucky, you need to do more research. Con-Way will train you (and make sure it is done right from all I have seen and newbies I have spoken with), but trucking isn't always a perfect world where everything happens on an 8-5 M-F schedule.

7. Roadrealtor

Roadrealtor Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    Advise...
    1) Don't whine here, nobody here can help you here.
    2) If you are have cash flow problems, and many in orientation do, go chat with training first and ask if there is a way to get an advance. I bet dollars to donuts that if you do it nicely, you will get some relief.
    3) Ask if you can help get a finisher a little sooner by going to a finisher rather than waiting for the finisher to get to you. I am a finisher and sometime, I have a hard time getting to the student. Once in a while, they put the student in a rental car or in a truck and sent the student to me. There may be a finisher out there that doesn't have a student on board and is just having difficulty getting to JOPMO. Remember, freight comes first.
    4) If you can eliminate any of your finisher requirement, do so. Non smokers/or smokers may be harder to find than accepting the first finisher available. If you can suck it up, take the first one available and deal with it for 4 weeks. When I was in your shoes, I took the first available and I smoked. I got used to smoking only on breaks and smoked less. That helped with the cash crunch too.
    5) Nobody signed up for sitting in the hotel. Hang in there. Once you roll, it will go fast.

Hang in there...be safe.

ECU51, The Challenger, Katey and 3 others Thank this.
  8. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

So you did the most logical thing i see,get on the internet and WHINE???

So your done with Crowder,,,CHECK(and got paid,$300)

2 hots and a cot,,,(Paid) CHECK

nd now your waiting for a trainer,just like countless others in your same situation before you

Did you touch bases with Sally in training???:biggrin_25525: did she tell you when your trainer's ETA should be coming to get you???

You are not here to WORK yet,your here to train,2 totally different things all together

When your finished TRAINING,then you will WORK

Hope all works out for you and keep a positive outlook:biggrin_25525:

Leftlane101 Thanks this.
  9. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Now that you have drawn the attention of the former CFI police.

Lay low, don't post again. And don't let anyone know your real name.

You've already narrowed their search down by stating you are in Joplin, awaiting a trainer.

Never think for one minute this forum isn't monitored by Conway.

I got a few days. Any you ### wipes want to throw down on that comment?

10. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado

Right because we went hunting for an unhappy Conway Driver, trust me Joplin is FULL of them. Sorry maybe we should coddle people who aren't even actual drivers yet and tell them sweet sugary lies? I can care less who the person is, what their complaint is etc, as a training company things are never going to go as smoothly as people want. The real world of trucking is things happen when they will, not by some perfect scheduling.

Wildblackyonder Thanks this.
  11. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    So what are you exactly ??? Especially when it comes to giving advise.

I wasn't speaking to you or about you. But....maybe you should enlighten us with some of your real world expertise in the real world of trucking. And especially the "Conway" experience.

They feed slaves and give them a place to sleep. And they don't pay them, but they MAKE them follow orders. Kinda like the students waiting on trainers at Conway truckload..

And NO, all companies aren't like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.