cooking in the truck

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by beezle, Jun 19, 2007.

1. tcwestby

tcwestby Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Marysville, WA

I tend to limit my cooking to microwaveable stuff. I keep drinks in a cooler and try to stick with food that doesn't need refrigeration like Compleats which are like MREs but fairly tolerable. Nuke and go then maximize road time. you can also stock up and they have an indefinite shelf life...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jennywren

jennywren Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2013
  4. Truckergirl0720

Truckergirl0720 Medium Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Here or there just depends
    they sell little ovens for trucks

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Love my Road Pro/Burton oven! Use the tins or crockpot liners... Cleanup is super easy... Done corn bread, roasts, quiche, sausages... The list goes on... It gets up to about 300-325... Ad plugs into the lighter plug... Wen you start smelling it, it's done :-D

NavigatorWife and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  6. atruckerswife62

atruckerswife62 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    OMG NO!!! if you have an inverter you can use a low wattage microwave or they do sell 12v appliances like small pot, or sm fry pan and they even have a 12v oven/warmer. DO NOT COOK WITH PROPANE OF ANY TYPE IN YOUR TRUCK. If you invest in an inverter you can use the micro or a coffee pot but it has to be a 1500 wt or more. The lower ones will not work for these items. Now, I cook and freeze my husbands meals and then load them into the coleman 12vlt cooler and it takes the average of 3 days to thaw leaving him 5 days to eat them after that. Then he will pick up some fast food or pizza after that to get him through the next couple days. You could get a little hibachi and cook outside the truck. Best of luck to you and I hope this helps

7. Kaffinated Kowboy

Kaffinated Kowboy Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Scottsdale.AZ
    There are ALOT of ways to cook in the truck depending on what you like ad what you want to eat..I should know...my wife cooks for me almost every night.We save alotta money and have much better food and value for our $$$ after allWE'RE NOT RICH WE'RE TRUCK DRIVERS..LOL

8. atruckerswife62

atruckerswife62 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Oh you couldn't have said it better. I used to be otr with my husband and I would shop at walmart every week. Most of them are easy access for trucks to get in there and if they don't have overnight parking they do get deliveries yes?

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. drummerwookie

drummerwookie Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Piqua, Ohio
    I use the toaste oven at subway. Works great!

10. eksbetsc

eksbetsc Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2013
    i like the crockpot idea and the goerge foreman idea. i have a flat grill griddle thing that might work. being new i never gave much of this type stuff a thought i guess, i just thought i would be eating a lot of take out, but yay to saving money and eating better. for the propane stoves ideas (and no i didnt read all 1600 posts, forgive me...i did read several pages though.) i thought campers had propane stoves and they used them just fine? i had a minnie winnie and everything in it used propane, including the fridge.

11. slavcha

slavcha Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Utica NY
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.