cooking in the truck

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by beezle, Jun 19, 2007.

1. mistwig

mistwig Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    just went to hamiltonbeach.com. they have several models called brewstation. prices range from $30 and up

roLL..[N__18] Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Yep they still make them....

4. Cremater

Cremater Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Oakhurst, Ca
    Skip the coffee pot all together, purchase one of those road pro water heaters and a French press to make your coffee.
    The road pro water heater has a lid so water won't splash out while heating, and the French press makes better coffee than a brew pot hands down.

5. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Are you talking about a 12 volt hot pot or the new and improved stinger?

6. tirednaz

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Sorry just re-read your post (hint) "has a lid"

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    #### straight... its a whole new delicious world with one of those! REI (the sporting goods retailer) had a french press made out of basically unbreakable lexan industrial plastic a few years ago. Good enough to haul up the side of a mountain.

8. tirednaz

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Do you use the hand grinder or an electric?

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I've used both. I haven't detected an appriecialble difference in the result outside of... hand grinders are easier to control the size of the particles. Electric... ya have to remember not to grind it into dust!

10. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't think there is any coffee better than the french press type.... the only thing is just about all the french presses I have found, will fit IN my coffee cup... lol
    They don't make them big enough.... lol..

11. Cremater

Cremater Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Oakhurst, Ca
    Reading this thread gave me an idea. I very rarely eat from the truck stops as I do 90% of my meals from the truck. I dont eat badly either! Of course I have to make an extra stop every other day or so at a market to get fresh stuff like meats and perishable items but thats ok by me.

Anyway, my idea.....

I am going to put together a cooking "packing list" and recipie book for truck drivers. Its gonna take me a bit to get it all together in some sort of legible form but I think many of you will be suprised in the end.

You simply dont have to eat poorly just because your stuck on the road for weeks at a time. It simply doesnt have to cost you half your paycheck either and it doesnt have to be dangerous!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.