Copy/Paste TND 730 Address Book and Trails to TND 740

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Texas Firefighter2, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Texas Firefighter2

Texas Firefighter2 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2010
    El Paso, Texas
    Waited 1.5 hrs on hold, to speak with Rand McNally Tech Support today. I was able to copy my TND 730 Address Book (address.db) over to my new TND 740. However, it did not transfer my Trails. The tech hung-up on me, when asking about this problem. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
  4. Texas Firefighter2

Oct 24, 2010
    El Paso, Texas
    Thanks for the tip, however, I can't start a conversation yet-more posts needed

5. Texas Firefighter2

Oct 24, 2010
    El Paso, Texas
    Just received the instructions from Rand McNally Tech Support. You will need to plug in the TND 730 using your USB cable from your device and connect to your laptop. Turn your device on. Go into your File Folder Icon (This PC) and look for your device directory-left side of your screen.

Trails.db is found in the TND 730 as follows:
    Intelliroute TND:\RM\User\Trails.db (copy filename Trails.db)

Note: Sometimes you have to disconnect one device from your PC and then connect the other device, so that your computer recognizes it or you can change your USB port connection!

Trails.db is found in the TND 740 as follows:
    TND 740\Internal Storage\.Navi\RM\User\Trails.db (paste filename Trails.db)
    Restart your device.

There're several files that your can transfer from the 730 to the 740, such as:
    Address Book, Trails, Truck, Mileage, Fuel, POI's, History, etc.. I'm not a computer expert, so contacting Mark Kling would be a much smarter choice. Hope this helps someone else! Waiting for Rand McNally Tech Support (with all of the ELD Issues) is just crazy right now!

6. Texas Firefighter2

Oct 24, 2010
    El Paso, Texas

Copy your TND 730 Address Book into your TND 740 as follows:

AddrBook.db is found in the TND 730 as follows:
    Intelliroute TND:\Navi\User\AddressBook\AddrBook.db (copy filename AddrBook.db)

Note: Sometimes you have to disconnect one device from your PC and then connect the other device, so that your computer recognizes it or you can change your USB port connection!

Addrbook.db is found in the TND 740 as follows:
    TND 740\Internal Storage\.Navi\RM\User\AddressBook\Addrbook.db (paste filename Addrbook.db)
    Restart your device.

7. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    See attached.

Mark

Attached Files:

8. Haulin' Chicken

Haulin' Chicken Bobtail Member

May 21, 2019

9. Haulin' Chicken

Haulin' Chicken Bobtail Member

May 21, 2019
    This was very helpful. Started doing this while waiting for Rand Mcnally tech to answer. Helps to hook up both old and new devices to your PC at same time. Can open folders on both. Copy then paste and replace in new device.

10. My Dog

My Dog Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Here is some good advice... The TND 740 is JUNK! Take it back and get you a Garmin you’ll be much happier.
    I bought a 740 and went into settings and set everything like it should be. The first day or 2 it did alright but on the 3rd day I noticed it wanted to keep me on the back roads as opposed to the big roads.
    I entered an address and it calculated the route and as soon as I took off and got 1 mile down the road in the direction it was taking me, it told me that the route was restricted or prohibited for trucks. I was like... WTF?
    I took it off the dash and through it in the back and when I got to the first Loves I exchanged it for a Garmin Dezil 780 which was the same price as the 740 and I couldn’t be happier. It has worked flawlessly for a year now.
    Do yourself a favor, take the 740 back or throw it out the window.

11. Daledockery

Daledockery Bobtail Member

May 2, 2019
    TND 740 update W/O Wi-Fi?...is it possible to download the updated map files to my phone and transfer to my laptop then to the corresponding folder in the 740? I know this sounds ridiculous, but truck stops don't have the fastest Wi-Fi and it's telling me 8+ hours to download the map updates..and I don't have the time..So I'm wondering if I can get ahold of the files then just put em where they belong in the 740

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.