Cornado

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by bigwillygbcs, Jun 7, 2008.

1. bigwillygbcs

bigwillygbcs Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2008
    glen burnie,MD
    dO ANY OF YOU GUYS DRIVE THE FREIGHLINER Cornado, I'm thinking of buying one used and wondering your opinions on the truck, and if you have any interior pics that would be helpful, I saw a used 05 automatic 400k miles for 59k hightop

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Otherwise known as Freightliner's version of Frankenstein's monster.:biggrin_25522:

4. BigDiesel

BigDiesel Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Somewhere....
    Its the same as a Century with the exception of a straight hood and stacks on the cab....

5. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I haven't driven one but would drive one if available, it is an O/O class truck
    with the front axle forward with a fairly long hood. The air cleaner is under that hood, but the inlets are on the side instead of the cowl or the front like a Columbia, it is supposed to reject more precipitation and reduce wind resistance, also, they are not hindering your visibility. The sleeper is similar in layout to most of the other Freightliner sleepers, there is a HVAC heater and evaporator under the bunk, lots of lights, with plenty of cabinets and storage. It is a high end product with good workmanship You have to inspect the truck to see if you like the layout.

Coronados are set on a narrower frame than the old Classics and FLDs and I have seen them turn very short. It isn't quite as maneuverable as a Columbia, nor are the sight lines as easy, but you open the hood and the engine is out in the open, not half buried like in an aerodynamic truck.

I like the way the fuel tanks are attached. and I like the headlights and grill.

6. bigwillygbcs

bigwillygbcs Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2008
    glen burnie,MD
    thanks guys for the help is there plenty of room for a fridge and microwave cuz when i get my license and dad buys this truck i'm staying out for weeks

7. 550hpW900L

550hpW900L Road Train Member

Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    If its O/O spec'd then it should have a fridge from the factory, yeah you have room for microvawe, tv, etc. Room is what they do have. Check out truckpaper.com you can get some interior pics with trucks for sale and get an idea.

8. BigPappa

BigPappa Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Keller, TX
    I would think anyone buying a truck today would be looking for the most aerodynamic truck available. I wouldn't go near a large nose to if I want to make money. The age of the 379, XL Classic, and the W900 is over. It time to make it practically impossible to own them through tough EPA regulations for gas mileage.

9. 550hpW900L

550hpW900L Road Train Member

Jan 29, 2008
    norcal

Right [​IMG]

Ill keep my W900 and keep making money with it :biggrin_25525:

10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    According to websites, you can make money with a W9, T8, Classic, and 379 if they are spec'd out properly and you haul freight for the right money.

Hunter

11. BigPappa

BigPappa Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Keller, TX
    It won't be too long before shippers will only pay fuel surcharges on 6.5 mpg or better and you can't get that in a W900 or 379 loaded at 35k-45k. I have driven a W900 with only 10k and couldn't get better then 5.8mpg. It was an 04 with an ISX 450ST. Loved the truck and engine but it sure sucked fuel.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.