Corona virus. Stay home or work?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DUNE-T, Mar 14, 2020.

Home or work?

1. Staying home

25 vote(s)
    12.8%
  2. Keep working

170 vote(s)
    87.2%
  1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Mine was a bit different, I 1st got elbow bursitis from resting my arm on the window/arm rest. Just bam huge freaking bump on my elbow that hurt like hell. Then that became infected after about 2-3 days.

bentstrider83 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I remember that,I figured it was nothing and went away, had no idea it really was serious. You never know. My wife’s bout with kidney stones, and gall stones, has resulted in 3 hospital stays,within 3 yrs. 3 days each from sepsis. A vague term used to describe low white blood cells needed to fight off infections. A serious issue, as we age. Small local infections aren’t to be ignored, I’ve learned. Anything from an abscess tooth to a scratch, can turn into an infection in bloodstream. Requiring IV antibiotics. The death rate climbs enormously after 50, from such things, that start out as minor local infections.

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Lol, yes. Good god yes.
    Our largest client is a retailer who has the most overpriced garbage I've ever seen. I can't afford to even walk in their stores. Hahaha. But somehow rich people, snatch up their product and they are not only in high demand, but have spent most of the last decade expanding nationally.

We used to be their exclusive carrier for the northeast, specifically Manhattan, the Beltway and Boston. Now they've grown too big for us and they do a lot of stuff common carrier.

But when they do their quarterly redeco of all their stores we usually bring in all the major fixtures. Sometimes our backhaul is out dated seasonal items. (i.e. Deliver the "spring collection" and take back the "holiday product")

And it's absolutely NOT necessary! Hahhha.

They closed two weeks ago. We're doing general freight now plus house hold as long as we're allowed to. Right now just having a power unit available puts you ahead of all the people laid off. So run while I can.

5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I agree best to stay away from your sister if you do get ill. That being said. Places are opening up places to stay for those that are sick or may be sick. Here in Hillsborough County, FL. They've leased two hotels. One for the sick, who need to stay in place, and one for those who have for sure come in contact with someone sick, and need to self isolate for the 2 weeks. So I suspect if you are not needing to be in a hospital due to the virus, where you land will have something in place to keep you safe and sound. They're even supplying 3 squares and some outside time in the parking lot. But otherwise stuck in your room.

On a funny side. Wonder if they are springing for the mini bar, too. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.